Setting up your garage door opener

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally got her done!
The Learn button wasn't visible on the outside of the ceiling unit. I had to pop down one side where a bulb goes and the Learn button was recessed.
Anyway it didn't work with just the Learn button.
I had to get the car to recognize the remote again and then did the Learn and press the Homelink to pair again. There was a half blink on my garage lights which I guess was the indicator that it was successful and sure enough it worked after that!
Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations guys!
Btw my garage door opener is a Chamberlain unit!

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Re MY Geneis G80 Sport, when I first got in March '18, I set it up to open our garage door (Chamberlain) and it worked fine for a while. Then it lost the signail and I had to reprogram the unit. It quit working again may 4 weeks later, so I stopped at my dealer and was told they couldn't do anything because the problem was with my internal garaged door. Anyway, I probably reprogramed it a couple of times more. Then suddenly it works 100% of the time with no problem. I'm wondering if Genesis flashed my car with an update? I didn't do ANYTHING different with my programing procedure, nor did I do anything with the internal garage door unit.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Re MY Geneis G80 Sport, when I first got in March '18, I set it up to open our garage door (Chamberlain) and it worked fine for a while. Then it lost the signail and I had to reprogram the unit. It quit working again may 4 weeks later, so I stopped at my dealer and was told they couldn't do anything because the problem was with my internal garaged door. Anyway, I probably reprogramed it a couple of times more. Then suddenly it works 100% of the time with no problem. I'm wondering if Genesis flashed my car with an update? I didn't do ANYTHING different with my programing procedure, nor did I do anything with the internal garage door unit.

I doubt Genesis did that, I don't think we get OTA updates..

but if your Chamberlain is connected to their MyQ system, it does. My Chamberlain is, and I can get the app on my phone and see that an update has occurred as the firmware version changes.

a few months back mine lost it's position settings after an update. opened the garage and it would only go part way up, then when it closed it would hit the ground and reverse, I had to go through the entire setup procedure again to get it working right..

the worst part was it happened while I was at work and my wife freaked out.. thought she broke it, got all stressed out because she had to leave and it wouldn't close. I had to walk her through pulling the manual release and all that, and she was a mess. She hates technology and an electric garage door opener is too technical for her.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I doubt Genesis did that, I don't think we get OTA updates..
No, my Chamberain is not a wifi model. And all I know is for at least 6 months the Home Link is working great with the opener, but I'm holding my breath every time I touch the button.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really wanted to make this post because this car is awesome and the attention to detail cannot be understated.

Three (Probably Two) Step Process to Open/Close your Garage
0. Your car must be on. Accessory power isn't sufficient either (1 push start without touching the brakes).
1. Your car is likely new, ie, no one has ever connected the car to a garage. But to reset all, hold the first and third buttons down simultaneously for ~10 sec. The light should turn from solid amber to blinking amber when reset.
2. While holding the garage door remote button near the mirror, also hold the button you wish to program. The light should turn from blinking amber to blinking green when locked on.
3. Enable the learn function on your garage door opener, then go back to your car. Press AND hold the button you programmed in Step 2. The light should begin blinking (green I think).

Test out your button and then witness this level of attention to detail:
New video by P Cole

As you would expect, there's an arrow on left pointing down that behaves the same way. If something blocks the door sensor while closing, the up arrow comes on instead and turns green when fully up. I'm really blown away.

If you'd rather watch a video.

Just got mine to work. Didn't clear the codes, just held my remote opener button while holding the 1st button on the mirror until the mirror started blinking green. Then I hit the learn button on my garage opener. I went back in the car and pressed the 1st button, but it didn't work. I waited a minute and pressed it again, and then suddenly it works! Noice.

Thanks for posting this, I didn't even know what those buttons were for.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.