Shipping your car across the country

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Anyone have experience shipping their car across the country? Found a few companies online but would like to hear from people who have done this before. Looking for some personal experience with open and enclosed trailers. Moving out west in a few months and trying to line things up. Thanks in advance.

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
Anyone have experience shipping their car across the country? Found a few companies online but would like to hear from people who have done this before. Looking for some personal experience with open and enclosed trailers. Moving out west in a few months and trying to line things up. Thanks in advance.
I have shipped 4 cars from Pennsylvania to California And Colorado using Interstate Van Lines in enclosed trailers. Their vehicles were immaculate and the care given to the cars was outstanding. I highly recommend them.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When my brother moved cross country, it was cheaper for him to buy return plane tickets for me and my wife and I drove one of his cars out. It did put 3500 miles on the car though. Made for a fun trip. We left a week or so after him so he could get settled.

Just a consideration if you have a friend or relative you'd want to visit you once there.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There are allot of companies that specialize in this, however it's not inexpensive by any means. The ones who really take care of your auto cost extra, as they are bonded and insured against damage or loss. These are the ones you need to direct your efforts towards.

Genesis Model Type
There are allot of companies that specialize in this, however it's not inexpensive by any means. The ones who really take care of your auto cost extra, as they are bonded and insured against damage or loss. These are the ones you need to direct your efforts towards.
I move cars in my business. Go to Central dispatch.com

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
I have shipped 4 cars from Pennsylvania to California And Colorado using Interstate Van Lines in enclosed trailers. Their vehicles were immaculate and the care given to the cars was outstanding. I highly recommend them.
Thanks for the recommendation but I looked at their site but didn't see where they specifically called out shipping vehicles. Looks more like a general shipping company.

When my brother moved cross country, it was cheaper for him to buy return plane tickets for me and my wife and I drove one of his cars out. It did put 3500 miles on the car though. Made for a fun trip. We left a week or so after him so he could get settled.
Just a consideration if you have a friend or relative you'd want to visit you once there.
Most likely going to be driving, shipping my car and driving my wife's because we don't want to fly with our dogs. Plus my car has so much custom stuff on it, if something were to go wrong we'd be SOL and unable to get replacement parts in a timely manner.

Yeah this is what I'm looking for, dedicated car shippers.

I move cars in my business. Go to Central dispatch.com
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Word to the wise; Don't use transport brokers most are an accident waiting to happen. I've utilize brokers before, with classic motorcycles. You don't want to make this mistake. Use a dedicated Auto Hauling business that specializes in nothing but automobiles, please.

Like;
Coast to Coast Auto Transport |
Home - Bluestar
https://executiveautoshippers.com/services/

To name a few.

When you work thru a Broker you get independent haulers. Some with car trailers enclosed or not and you get what they send you. You get bids from independent haulers. If your vehicle is damaged in shipment by one of these haulers, you'll play hell trying to get reimbursed for damages. Some have nothing but small rigs some with single trailers that support themselves and they're generally not as careful with their loads. Dedicated auto haulers haul for dealers, individuals and corporations. They have a dedicated and supported fleet of trucks and drivers. They are properly bonded and supported thru the company they work directly for. Brokers are not. Believe me you'll thank yourself in the long run. Look for classic car hauling companies also. They really know how to treat your vehicle well.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.