Shopping for a Benz...nightmare

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Shopping for a new SUV for my wife. Stopped by the Mercedes dealer yesterday.

“Do you have a CPO ‘20, or new ‘21 GLC 300 with ventilated seats in either of the two silver colors

“No, there are none to be had in the US. We can order one for you. It should take about 4 months to arrive.”

I must say I was stunned. The worst thing about Mercedes and, of course, other lux brands is that they force you to buy every little feature (it seems) from an “á la carte” menu. Quite exasperating.

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
That’s why I bought the G80 Prestige. I was tired of being nickeled and dimed by the German brands.
I'm coming off my G90 lease in a few months so am looking around. I tried the configurator on M-B's site and was astounded how many times adding one feature or package required addition of others I didn't particularly want, driving up the price. TBH, though, Genesis is doing this a bit. For example, you can't get the heads up display on the 2021 G80 with the 2.5L engine, just the 3.5. But, oddly, the auto-opening trunk is only available on the 2.5.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Genesis2021*

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Definitely annoying getting HUD would add about $10,000 to a G80. Ain’t going to happen . 300HP is enough for me. My last car a 2018 Porsche Macan S had a center console with about 7-8 blank buttons. (Which I hate !) To enable all the buttons with options would cost over $20,000. Totally ridiculous!

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Definitely annoying getting HUD would add about $10,000 to a G80. Ain’t going to happen . 300HP is enough for me. My last car a 2018 Porsche Macan S had a center console with about 7-8 blank buttons. (Which I hate !) To enable all the buttons with options would cost over $20,000. Totally ridiculous!
Yeah, the blank buttons approach is incredibly annoying. It's as if they're put there as a constant reminder of what you're missing.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Shopping for a new SUV for my wife. Stopped by the Mercedes dealer yesterday.

“Do you have a CPO ‘20, or new ‘21 GLC 300 with ventilated seats in either of the two silver colors

“No, there are none to be had in the US. We can order one for you. It should take about 4 months to arrive.”

I must say I was stunned. The worst thing about Mercedes and, of course, other lux brands is that they force you to buy every little feature (it seems) from an “á la carte” menu. Quite exasperating.
I have noticed that new fully loaded(ventilated seats) Mercedes on dealer lots are rare. Most models that are available on dealer lots are well equipped but usually just has heated seats and navigation packages.

However, most Mercedes models with options that included ventilated seats are very expensive compared to the lesser packages hence the rarity I assume. Not much of demand unless specially ordered.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
How true. I observed that when the Macan first debuted. Of course these days you can buy various “decals” to apply to such buttons. For example, an ejector seat decal.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners