Should I buy the Genesis coupe 3.8 2013+?

Munzer

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hello. Im thinking of buying a genesis coupe 3.8 and i was wondering if anyone here owns one. I want to know about the reliability and maintenance of this car, especially if since I live in Dubai where it is VERY hot. Also, I am thinking of a g37 as well, so anybody knows any features missing from the genesis that the g37 has (or the opposite). If you have any information or experience with this car please let me know what you think of it and if it is worth the money. Thanks.

The Last R-Spec

Genesis Model Type
Genesis Coupe
Hell yes. Coupe has 348 RWHP and is much rarer but with great aftermarket support. Longest warrantee ever offered by a manufacturer 10/100,000 miles. The reasons go on and on. Most importantly it is beautiful from EVERY angle.

MJR

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello. Im thinking of buying a genesis coupe 3.8 and i was wondering if anyone here owns one. I want to know about the reliability and maintenance of this car, especially if since I live in Dubai where it is VERY hot. Also, I am thinking of a g37 as well, so anybody knows any features missing from the genesis that the g37 has (or the opposite). If you have any information or experience with this car please let me know what you think of it and if it is worth the money. Thanks.
Dubai huh? I lived in Abu Dhabi for 3 years! Small world.

Was the car engineered for the Middle East? That's a question I would ask about both. Cars manufactured for hotter climates have a heavy duty radiator. I remember most cars looked like their radiator was twice as thick as one made for the U.S.

Good luck with your decision!

G-530764

No,

The car is junk. I own one and wish I had never bought it.

The Last R-Spec

Genesis Model Type
Genesis Coupe
20201113_201928.jpg 20201120_111812.jpg <--Even my Mom love's it!

I searched the entire united states for a Black, 2016 R-Spec with manual transmission and was finally blessed with a noitification that one was available in Columbia, SC (I live in Florida). A $22k wire transfer later I was on a flight to pick it up the next day. It was a day drive back home and I fell in the with the details of this car. 42K miles and it operates like brand new. Unheard of 2 years left on bumper-to warranty and of course Hyundai's legendary 10 year/100k powertrain warranty.

It has been the funnest most enjoyable car I've purchased in my life so far. It was between the 370 Z and this and I'm happy I chose the R-Spec. Speaking of R-Spec, if you can find one from 2016 model year, it's a rare find. Only 140 made in each of 6 colors. 348 hp and rocket ship bolostered seats. Highly recommended!

Note: If extreme heat is an issue in your location, you can always add an oil cooler to keep things running colder ~$400-600.

Attachments

• 20201113_202000.jpg
    20201113_202000.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 4

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a question about Hyundai's legendary 10 year/100k does it normally transfer 2nd owner ?
Nope. Not unless you bought it as a CPO used car, or paid extra for an extended warranty.

The Last R-Spec

Genesis Model Type
Genesis Coupe
I have a question about Hyundai's legendary 10 year/100k does it normally transfer 2nd owner ?
My car was not a certified pre-owned. PMCErnie is correct about the 10/100k warranty however the remaining of the 5 year/60k bumper-to-bumper did transfer to me. It created quite the debate with the dealer when I picked up my car. The logic as to why one transfered and the opther didn't could not be identified.
Since my R-Spec is a 2016 I basically have 1 year (2021) left on warranty.

Unsbadmother

Riverside Ca
Genesis Model Type
My car was not a certified pre-owned. PMCErnie is correct about the 10/100k warranty however the remaining of the 5 year/60k bumper-to-bumper did transfer to me. It created quite the debate with the dealer when I picked up my car. The logic as to why one transfered and the opther didn't could not be identified.
Since my R-Spec is a 2016 I basically have 1 year (2021) left on warranty.
I was reading about it 60k or 5years void if the vehicle was used commercially thanks for replying to me

The Last R-Spec

Genesis Model Type
Genesis Coupe
I was reading about it 60k or 5years void if the vehicle was used commercially thanks for replying to me
I bought from Peacock Hyundai in Columbia, SC. The salesman tried to tell me none of the warranties transfered citing the "it's not CPO." The Manager went out of his way to say he was incorrect regarding the 5/60k. He said that is always transferable, even if privately sold. It's applied to the car, not the owner. Hence the debate about "Why wouldn't the 10 y/100k be the same!"

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
I bought from Peacock Hyundai in Columbia, SC. The salesman tried to tell me none of the warranties transfered citing the "it's not CPO." The Manager went out of his way to say he was incorrect regarding the 5/60k. He said that is always transferable, even if privately sold. It's applied to the car, not the owner. Hence the debate about "Why wouldn't the 10 y/100k be the same!"
It’s clearly stated in Hyundai’s warranty explanations that the 10/100,000 doesn’t transfer. There is no debate, it’s a printed fact. See page 18.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums