• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show off your aftermarket wheels thread.🚗

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let's see those aftermarket rollers! There are several picture threads, but hoping for one dedicated to aftermarket wheels. I'm struggling to find what I like with the different simulators not having the G70 available yet. So, if you don't mind, please post away. Thanks!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I'm sorry I don't have pictures of these wheels on a G70, but I was hoping people could chime in and tell me what they think of them.

Screenshot_20190722-162628.jpg

I would have a local shop paint them metallic hyper black, so they'd be very similar to the stock Sport 5 spoke rim color and finish.

My car is Santiago Silver. Here is a silver Corvette with those rims - posting to show the contrast between the rim color and body color (though mine wouldn't be black, but similar)...

ACE_Flowform_AFF06_Corvette_C7_Z06-4.jpg
ACE_Flowform_AFF06_Corvette_C7_Z06-1.jpg

Lastly, a rep responded to my email and told me they weight between 22 and 23.5lbs, which is right about 10lbs lighter than my OEM wheels.

Thoughts?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I'm sorry I don't have pictures of these wheels on a G70, but I was hoping people could chime in and tell me what they think of them.

View attachment 21724

I would have a local shop paint them metallic hyper black, so they'd be very similar to the stock Sport 5 spoke rim color and finish.

My car is Santiago Silver. Here is a silver Corvette with those rims - posting to show the contrast between the rim color and body color (though mine wouldn't be black, but similar)...

View attachment 21725
View attachment 21726

Lastly, a rep responded to my email and told me they weight between 22 and 23.5lbs, which is right about 10lbs lighter than my OEM wheels.

Thoughts?
Love em. Might want a liiitle extra width to the spokes to match the muscular (imo) look of the car

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Love em. Might want a liiitle extra width to the spokes to match the muscular (imo) look of the car
That's exactly what I was thinking. Kinda wish the spokes were thicker/wider. Even so, I'm beginning to really lean towards getting them. I'll continue to look a bit more to see if there is anything else that I like better, if not, I think I'll get em.

Thanks for the response!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

View attachment 21724

View attachment 21725
View attachment 21726

Thoughts?
How about a Vossen: https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/gns-2/

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Both very nice. I've especially always been a fan of the TE37, but sadly both those and the Vossen's are above my price range. Either would be awesome, though, as they're a true forged rim and would not only be super strong, they'd probably be even lighter than what I'm looking at right now.

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What wheels do you have now @Toddasaurus? I have the 5 spoke, but am partial to the 10 spoke.

This is my winter setup and first set of aftermarket wheels ever: Enkei Draco Anthracite https://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=EA6&url=/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet&autoMake=Kia&autoModel=Stinger+GT+AWD&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=&target=runWheelSearch&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=Draco&wheelFinish=Anthracite+Painted&initialPartNumber=5098806535A

I got the idea from someone else on this forum who posted some sweet pics. Sometimes think DSC03408.jpgDSC03410.jpgI should have gone with the same rims in Machined w/Black Accent to give them more flash. But the price was right ($210/each) and I love them. Looking forward to winter to swap them in again.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What wheels do you have now @Toddasaurus? I have the 5 spoke, but am partial to the 10 spoke.

This is my winter setup and first set of aftermarket wheels ever: Enkei Draco Anthracite https://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=EA6&url=/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet&autoMake=Kia&autoModel=Stinger+GT+AWD&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=&target=runWheelSearch&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=Draco&wheelFinish=Anthracite+Painted&initialPartNumber=5098806535A

I got the idea from someone else on this forum who posted some sweet pics. Sometimes think View attachment 21743View attachment 21744I should have gone with the same rims in Machined w/Black Accent to give them more flash. But the price was right ($210/each) and I love them. Looking forward to winter to swap them in again.

Right now I have the Sport 5 spoke rims. I'm with you - the OEM 10-spoke rims really look good. I would actually try to trade for them, but. I want something much lighter than OEM.

IMG_20190528_141952.jpg

Too bad I don't know how to use Photoshop, or maybe I could cut-paste them on my car. Oh well. Either way, I gotta wait for another couple weeks before I make my decision. ($$$)

Throat Yogurt

6MT Mafia
SUPPORTING MEMBER
I'm right here.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'd love some light, strong forged 2 or 3 piece wheels, but pretty much any aftermarket wheels especially if upsizing will require some lowering to get the stance right. Not a huge deal if you dont have the adaptive suspension, but I do, so no lowering for me which also means no aftermarket wheels. :-(

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Want to trade?
Where did you get your winter setup from, and what tires are you running? Looks good!
Thanks for the offer, but I wonder if the 10 spoke will be too shiny with the dark chrome so I'll pass for now.

Tirerack.com. 225/45R18 Michelin X-Ice Xi3 square.

Many years ago my local mechanic chided me for not checking with him before buying online, saying he said he had access to rebates and could beat their prices. This time he was like nope, I can't compete with them.

nellie1289

Registered Member
Portland, Oregon
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's exactly what I was thinking. Kinda wish the spokes were thicker/wider. Even so, I'm beginning to really lean towards getting them. I'll continue to look a bit more to see if there is anything else that I like better, if not, I think I'll get em.

Thanks for the response!
give you $100 for your old ones? free pick up :)

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Haha. I'd sell them to you for sure, but maybe not THAT reasonable of a price....

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh, so you're looking for a similar look to the 5 spoke but lighter. Tirerack didn't have many 5 spoke options (you still have to choose the Stinger to shop by vehicle). The Enkei PF05 was the closest. $450 each and they appear to be around 21 lbs.

View attachment 21790

The color looks about perfect. I like the design, too. But, gotta admit, those Ace Alloy AFF06's are really beginning to grow on me. I also really like the price (352 a piece for the 19x8.5's, and 369 a piece for the 19x9.5's).

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Heres my $.02 for what it's worth. I've been a car enthusiast my entire life, built custom show cars, muscle cars, hot rods, customized sports cars, etc. One thing I've learned is not to cheap out on wheels especially for a luxury car. Nothing looks cheesier than a higher end car fitted with off the shelf cheap wheels.

You pretty much get what you pay for with wheels. Cheaper wheels tend to be heavier, softer, and more susceptible to pot hole damage.

I'm not talking about winter wheels which are temporary, seasonal.

Wheels along with stance (suspension) can totally change the look, attitude, and performance of a car. They're a major investment, so spend the extra $$$$ and get well built, properly fitted wheels. Not too much poke, not too little, etc. Forged 3 piece wheels have the adjustability that can be made to exact specs for perfect fitment. Big bucks, but again, wheels can make or break a car.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums