Siberian Ice (SPORT late 2017 availability)

Bogey99

Hasn't posted much yet...
That one in the link looks like the Polar Ice that is available now. I think the article just mis-labeled the photo.

I think Siberian Ice is a light gray color. I saw a G80 brochure online (link) that had a color called Racing Gray with the same RGY color code as Siberian Ice in the US, but it's more light gray than a silver shade that I was hoping for. Love the G80, but I wish they had better color choices before I pull the trigger on one.

Last edited:

dreamerak

Getting familiar with the group...
Thread starter #4
That one in the link looks like the Polar Ice that is available now. I think the article just mis-labeled the photo.

I think Siberian Ice is a light gray color. I saw a G80 brochure online (link) that had a color called Racing Gray with the same RGY color code as Siberian Ice in the US, but it's more light gray than a silver shade that I was hoping for. Love the G80, but I wish they had better color choices before I pull the trigger on one.
That is Polar ice, test drove one that color, I'm leaning toward Himalayan, maybe Siberian.

akeelj

Registered Member
Yes, that is the Polar Ice in the article. I have the '18 brochure, and the Siberian Ice is more silver with a barely there blue tint to it. Imagine a "light Polar Ice."

- - - Updated - - -

Same boat. I think the Himalayan is the only color that compliments the copper accents but the Polar Ice does have a unique, allure to it. Plus, dealers seem to be sitting on Polar Ice's a lot longer than any of the other colors

dreamerak

Thread starter #6
Yes, that is the Polar Ice in the article. I have the '18 brochure, and the Siberian Ice is more silver with a barely there blue tint to it. Imagine a "light Polar Ice."

- - - Updated - - -

Same boat. I think the Himalayan is the only color that compliments the copper accents but the Polar Ice does have a unique, allure to it. Plus, dealers seem to be sitting on Polar Ice's a lot longer than any of the other colors
The colors in the brochure don't look very accurate (to me) compared to seeing cars in person. I thought Black looked really good but didn't want the upkeep.

"Black is not a color, it's a hobby" :D

Bogey99

Hasn't posted much yet...
I prefer blue cars, but the Polar Ice just doesn't do it for me. Haven't seen it in person yet, but from online pics and videos I'm not really enthused about it. Normally I don't like white cars at all, but I think white looks good on the G80 Sport with the contrast of the smoked chrome, black mirrors and dark roof. Wish the G80 Sport had a darker blue option or a true silver, but Siberian Ice seems more like light gray. Decisions, decisions!

akeelj

Registered Member
I prefer blue cars, but the Polar Ice just doesn't do it for me. Haven't seen it in person yet, but from online pics and videos I'm not really enthused about it. Normally I don't like white cars at all, but I think white looks good on the G80 Sport with the contrast of the smoked chrome, black mirrors and dark roof. Wish the G80 Sport had a darker blue option or a true silver, but Siberian Ice seems more like light gray. Decisions, decisions!
Polar Ice is a unique color. I've seen it at three different times of the day, and it looks either sea green, sky blue, or bluish silver. IMO, it doesn't compliment the sport's copper accents at all but offers a nice contrast to the mirrors and wheels.

dreamerak

Thread starter #12
Saw pictures of Victoria black, looks like it has larger/more metallic, need to see in person.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Don't think so. We had a G80 Sport in Siberian Ice get dropped off last week. Color changes depending on the lighting, but it's never appeared to have that much blue in it to me. At first I didn't like it, but it's growing on me.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.