Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh wow...love the SI.

So...anyone that has an SI...question. Is it a flat paint...meaning non-metallic?

I have seen an R S7 in a gray flat paint. It was actually a $6k upgrade !!! You even have to wash the car a certain way. I doubt SI is the same way.

My 2 choices are SI than the Malorca. My wife is telling me the MB screams "look at me" too much. So I want something different...but nothing too crazy.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

thedisbeliever

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Siberian Ice is a “flat” paint, in that it doesn’t have any metallic spec in it, but it’s still a gloss paint, in that it’s a smooth surface. It’s not matte, like some AMG Mercedes, for example, where the paint itself is textured, and must be cared for differently.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Siberian Ice is a “flat” paint, in that it doesn’t have any metallic spec in it, but it’s still a gloss paint, in that it’s a smooth surface. It’s not matte, like some AMG Mercedes, for example, where the paint itself is textured, and must be cared for differently.
So...with that said...I think I understand. Does SI allow the car to show off its curves/lines? Does it reflect in different lighting conditions?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
2 words - siberian ice
I think I am there with you. The more I look at it...the more I love it. Not in your face...but wicked enough for people to turn heads :)

Only thing is...car doesn't exist in the USA. And...from what I am hearing...might be Nov now. Hope that is not true.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Oh wow...love the SI.

So...anyone that has an SI...question. Is it a flat paint...meaning non-metallic?

I have seen an R S7 in a gray flat paint. It was actually a $6k upgrade !!! You even have to wash the car a certain way. I doubt SI is the same way.

My 2 choices are SI than the Malorca. My wife is telling me the MB screams "look at me" too much. So I want something different...but nothing too crazy.

Starflyer

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
When I bought my G80 Sport back in March, I wanted the Polar Ice edition, but the only 2 other choices were Casablanca White and Havana Red. The dealer told me there were no more Polar Ice editions in the pipe line for '18, so I went with the Havana Red. I'm happy with my Havana Red, but at the time it was a hard choice between the red and the Casablanca White.

And now that I see the Silver White, that looks great as well..

mcornett

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the G70 in Siberian Ice and I quite like the colour. It is interesting to look at and changes in almost every light.

Sometimes it appears white, sometimes quite grey. I've had several people tell me they see a lot of blue in it. To me, there are some similarities with Audi's glacier white in that respect. It is not metallic at all, but is glossy.

I agree that overall the Mallorca Blue was too flashy for me. Then again, I saw a MB G70 at night the other day and it looked amazing with the orange-red tail lights.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.