SiriusXM Traffic Data Not Loading

g_185333

I have a 2018 G80 Sport. After about 8 months I stopped receiving SiriusXM traffic data. I receive all other SiriusXM data. Refreshing the signal does not help. The same thing happened with my 2015 Genesis. With the 2015 Geneis the dealership replaced the head unit twice and the antenna once and it still did not resolve the problem. Is anyone else having this issue with their 2018 G80? The dealership seems to be at a loss on how to fix.

OscarGambleNYY

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have a 2018 G80 Sport. After about 8 months I stopped receiving SiriusXM traffic data. I receive all other SiriusXM data. Refreshing the signal does not help. The same thing happened with my 2015 Genesis. With the 2015 Geneis the dealership replaced the head unit twice and the antenna once and it still did not resolve the problem. Is anyone else having this issue with their 2018 G80? The dealership seems to be at a loss on how to fix.
I'm having this problem with my 2-month old '19 G80 Sport. Dealer things the unit has to be replaced. Once in awhile it pops up but more often than not I don't have it.

Geevanoff

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Im having same issue on my new 2017 G80. Dealer says its XM issue and XM states its a dealer / radio issue and Vancouver WA Genesis dealer wont even allow an appointment to look at it.

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have this same issue even though I'm subscribed to xm. Once my trial expired, it disappeared. When I resubscribed, it didn't come back despite traffic being on in the settings.

Geevanoff

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have this same issue even though I'm subscribed to xm. Once my trial expired, it disappeared. When I resubscribed, it didn't come back despite traffic being on in the settings.

Here is how to reset radio. Turn radio off, turn car off, open door and leave open for more than 2 minutes. Then close door start the car and turn on radio then about 2 min later traffic should work. Because of that reset step needed dealer now agrees it’s a radio problem and has ordered a new one for me.

Geevanoff

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm having this problem with my 2-month old '19 G80 Sport. Dealer things the unit has to be replaced. Once in awhile it pops up but more often than not I don't have it.

It’s a radio issue since it isn’t consistently booting up regularly which resets the cache memory

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Here is how to reset radio. Turn radio off, turn car off, open door and leave open for more than 2 minutes. Then close door start the car and turn on radio then about 2 min later traffic should work. Because of that reset step needed dealer now agrees it’s a radio problem and has ordered a new one for me.
Thanks, I'll try that out!

g_21138

On another topic. Occasionally when in drive, transmission reverts to manual shift mode and hangs up in 1st or 2nd gear for a short time. I move shift lever to manual and back to auto and that corrects it.

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So my mistake, I'm not subscribed to SiriusXM traffic which is a $5 per month add on, and that's what I pay for the music subscription itself so no thanks to that lol

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Today my Traffic service stop working. Reseted the unit like you said and the traffic started working inmediatly. Thanks.

OlympicRef

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have (2) G80, identical. On one the traffic works fine and on the other the traffic quit working. Dealer has no idea!

OlympicRef

I have (2) G80, identical. On one the traffic works fine and on the other the traffic quit working. Dealer has no idea!
Update on my G80 with no Traffic. The dealer replaced the radio after much arm bending and fighting. Traffic started working and kept working for one day, then it quit working again. Reset as recommended above didn't help the situation. Still NO TRAFFIC and very frustrated.

OlympicRef

I'm having the same problem with no positive results despite replacing the radio.

Jamcgeough

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My 2018 G80 is experiencing the same problems. As of Tuesday, I no longer receive Traffic. Everything else is loading. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Sirius XM and they did what they could. They told me to go back to the dealer for “data module” reset. I went to the dealer and they tried resets. No traffic. We all confirmed that I am subscribed for all services until 2021. The dealer is clueless right now. Pretty frustrating. The dealer will do some research over the weekend and we will give it another try on Monday b

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'll add an update.

mine did work for a time after Sirius did their reset.. but it failed again..

what finally fixed it was going into the radio settings and choosing the option to reset the radio to default factory settings.

it wipes out all your settings, but this did fix it for me, it has been a month without issue.

Jamcgeough

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'll add an update.

mine did work for a time after Sirius did their reset.. but it failed again..

what finally fixed it was going into the radio settings and choosing the option to reset the radio to default factory settings.

it wipes out all your settings, but this did fix it for me, it has been a month without issue.
Ok, I did the factory default reset and that didn’t work. So, I guess I’ll leave it up to the dealer to figure out.

Chad86tsi

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm in the 3 month free trial as it was reset by a dealer and I just got the car (2015 ultimate 5.0) 1-1/2 weeks ago. Traffic worked the first day, then not at all for 3 or 4 days. I finally found advice from a google search that instructed me to tune to channel 1 (and another site said channel 2).

Every time I accessed the menu to verify traffic was checked "on", it said "can't connect". I had already verified subscription was valid. After I found the ch 1 advice, I went into the menu when it was still "not connected". I tuned to ch 1 and let it play that channel for a few minutes and looked again at the connection status, now it was connected and the map started to fill in with current data. That was 4 days ago, it's worked ever since. I think some of the back channel telemetry data is streamed in that channel. I'll update if it fails again and I have to do more troubleshooting. I mention this because I've heard others have the same issues I was having and they gave up.

Another factor that may have been corrupting my data integrity is that parked in my driveway I have very poor signal most of the time, even the audio cuts out. Where I park at work there is also a big tree I park under. It may not be getting good telemetry when in a sleep state.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.