Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90

n8800m

Registered Member
Genesis G80
If pressing the accelerator pedal is too much trouble you should hire a chauffeur.
Well guess what, I can press the accelerator just as well as a chauffeur can. Also a chauffeur will suffer that same slow response to a cruise control resume command.

n8800m

Registered Member
Genesis G80
I live in a rural community and my usage of the G80 is over 95% highway travel. Therefore my G80 is under cruise control most of the time and the slow CC resume response bugs me. You big city dwellers probably don’t recognize the issue much. I since have learned that evidently the only fix is to use the throttle to accelerate up to desired cruise speed before pressing the resume button.

Last edited:

laxdad21

Registered Member
Columbus, OH
Genesis G80
Likewise no individual (who wants to be in full control) will be perfect in every situation either. I think using your own control AND the technology is better than either individually.

I would disagree here. For myself, it would NOT cause me to unnecessarily crash. Remember that the technology can react much fast than any individual. I think the technology helps you be a safer driver. but no one says rely 100% on it.
It's not that the tech wouldn't try to do it's job, but in that type of sensory overload situation where I'm reacting to both the bad driver as well as my car's attempt to react, my caveman brain would kick into place and simultaneously develop a profound understanding and appreciation of Murphy's Law.

The car, being as smart is it is, would also sense that my forehead had regressed into a noticeable slope with furrowed ridges, and then say to itself, "oh, dude....", followed microseconds later by pre-arming the airbags in expectation of the inevitable.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
I agree, the resume speed is much slower than average.

However when using the Smart CC from a standstill, it's good. I use it in stop and go city traffic pretty often. I'll set it at 45 mph and it'll follow the car in front of me, and then automatically brake as we come to the stop light. When the light turns green and the car in front starts to move, I just press the resume button and the car accelerates off the line just fine - MUCH more responsive than hitting resume while already rolling.

Likewise, if I'm set at 45 and the car in front of me slows down and then speeds up quickly, my car will re-accelerate follow pretty well, but there is a slight lag.

andyw715

Registered Member
Genesis G80
One thing I don't like about ACC in slowish (45 mph zone) traffic is when a car in front of you pulls to the left into the turning lane. My car thinks it is stopping and will forcefully slow down even if the car has already made it into the turning lane. My car notices it a second later.

One Q for you all: ACC slows down, when does it activate the brake lights?

n8800m

Registered Member
Genesis G80
One thing I don't like about ACC in slowish (45 mph zone) traffic is when a car in front of you pulls to the left into the turning lane. My car thinks it is stopping and will forcefully slow down even if the car has already made it into the turning lane. My car notices it a second later.

One Q for you all: ACC slows down, when does it activate the brake lights?
Someone you know would have to follow you to see if and when the brake lights come one due to an ACC slowdown.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
If he car is slowing down and you can feel it, the rear stop lights will be lit.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
Sometimes I can feel the car slowing a bit when going down a hill - like when cruise control is on and I'm going up a hill, it'll accelerate a bit, then cresting over the hill I'll feel it slow, more so than I would feel if I just took my foot off the gas. I wonder then if it's actually braking. I hope not. I can understand it braking if the car is beginning to accelerate even with the throttle closed, but not if it's going to brake by simply killing the throttle.

More and more I find myself turning off the ACC and using standard cruise control. The other stuff (lane keeping assist and blind spot warning) is turned off, too.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

lobsenza

Registered Member
Austin, TX
Try changing the drive more to sport. That might improve the resume acceleration.

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis G80
Last edited:

andyw715

Registered Member
Genesis G80
Try changing the drive more to sport. That might improve the resume acceleration.
You know I tried a tank of gas in each mode (normal, sport, eco) and I guess I'm not much of a driver, but I didn't notice any difference. I even kept track of mpg and they were similar.

n8800m

Registered Member
Genesis G80
You know I tried a tank of gas in each mode (normal, sport, eco) and I guess I'm not much of a driver, but I didn't notice any difference. I even kept track of mpg and they were similar.
Not sure what your tank of gas has anything to do with the subject of this thread?

joegr

Registered Member
No Genesis Yet!
Someone you know would have to follow you to see if and when the brake lights come one due to an ACC slowdown.
On our Cadenza, if you go to the instrument screen that shows your car centered in the lane , the brake lights on the illustrated car light up when the cruise is braking. Is this not the case for Genesis? cruise.jpg

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
My Genesis shows no picture of a car...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums