• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Sluggish G70 2.0T

hejpath

Detroit, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I enjoy driving this car for the most part, but it seems extremely sluggish from a standing start. If it's turbo lag, it's the most extreme I've ever experienced. I know the awd adds substantial weight. Any thoughts?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

hejpath

Detroit, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Depending on model and options you may be moving an extra 300 - 500 pounds or more. Gearing may be different.

Talk to your dealer and drive another G70 AWD and see if it feels the same or different and have them drive yours. Unless we drive your car we really can't tell if it is as expected or not. Sort of like asking if your pillow is too soft.
Thanks. I considered those performance factors. Thought others might have the same impression. Will try your suggestions.

hejpath

Detroit, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The AWD 2.0T G70 and the RWD do feel quite different. I think the AWD feels heavy.

It's funny but I also feel more grunt off the line in ECO than SPORT.
The AWD IS heavy, but RWD is apparently unavailable here in Michigan. I definitely have to try The ECO launch.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
there is a TSB in Canada for 'driving performance improvement' or something like that. i had it done as part of my first service. not a big difference, but i'm 6MT. there's a guy on here who is 8AT and he says he noticed a healthy improvement post-TSB.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
IMO, all new cars go through this "right foot" issue. Even the Giulia had many complaints about the throttle lag and had quite a few updates to the ECU to "reduce" this.

Hell, the first-year Indian motorcycles had the same.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums