• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

Smart Posture Control System

jlin101

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does NA G70's have Smart Posture Control System?
"Seat, steering wheel, outside mirror and head-up display positions are automatically adjusted by feeding the driver’s biometric information (height, seated height, and weight) into the system, which also analyzes the driver’s driving posture. Health-related information, such as lumbar load and strain under the present driving posture can also be checked at any moment."

genesis-g70-features-technology-smart-attitude-control-system.jpg

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
oh man I wish I had that in the G80.. the primary reason I bought the G80 was because I have an injury from a motorcycle accident that makes driving very uncomfortable, and the G80 has the most comfortable seats and position of all the cars I tested.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's not in any models outside Korea.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My theory? The average size of Korean people, and the standard deviations from that average, fall into an extremely small band relative to Western societies (particularly the U.S.). I suspect the system can't take into account people of "generous" proportions, either height or weight.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
My theory? The average size of Korean people, and the standard deviations from that average, fall into an extremely small band relative to Western societies (particularly the U.S.). I suspect the system can't take into account people of "generous" proportions, either height or weight.
But I thought it’s a self learning system...adapting to the driver dynamically. Also...any preset templates or profiles could easily be uploaded per market. All this stuff is based on sensors and coding after all. No?

To add...I doubt the min/max adjustments of the mechanicals are different per market. So any range of adjustment is already in place.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Well folks...hate to say it...but I did some digging and I really think it seems like this might be part of the USA G70's. Almost every USA release mentions it. Makes reference to it existing in the G90...and trickling down to the G70.

So...if the Canadian cars really don't have it (not that I am doubting you guys)...I think you may have been robbed.

I am just guessing at this point.

My USA brochure does arrive tomorrow...hopefully it mentions it.

I also sent an email to my assigned customer rep (Brian) asking him.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have definitely not come across anything like that and I have spent quite some time going through settings. I haven't read the entire manual though so there is a chance I have missed it, but doubtful. Does seem like an interesting feature, but I wonder if it would be more of a gimmick in real life and not useful like the side bolsters tightening when going into sport (I turned that off on day 1).

Beefer

Richmond, VA
I have definitely not come across anything like that and I have spent quite some time going through settings. I haven't read the entire manual though so there is a chance I have missed it, but doubtful. Does seem like an interesting feature, but I wonder if it would be more of a gimmick in real life and not useful like the side bolsters tightening when going into sport (I turned that off on day 1).
The reviews for the SPC in the G90 are stellar.

Last edited:

jlin101

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The reviews for the SPC in the G90 are stellar.
Are you sure it's in US G90's--I can't find it in the owner's manual. Since it's a feature found on Korean cars, I wonder if the setting is accessible if one changes the menu language to Korean. :unsure:

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Are you sure it's in US G90's--I can't find it in the owner's manual. Since it's a feature found on Korean cars, I wonder if the setting is accessible if one changes the menu language to Korean. :unsure:
Definitely NOT a US G90.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Double checking stuff I read...and you are right (I think). Looks like the SPC did not make it out of Korea...or at least to NA.

What a bummer. Then again...I adjust my seats to my liking...set it in memory...and I'm done. LOL...I'd probably never use it.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Regarding SPC...confirmed that it’s not in NA.

More from my contact...

However, we have the powertrain “smart mode”, where it adjust powertrain and chassis settings depending on vehicle behavior. It will adjust engine and transmission performance, and the TCS system continuously monitors chassis and adjusts accordingly.

We also have the Transmission TCU. It actually learns driving behavior and adjusts transmission shift quality depending on the transmission hardware condition, and how a person drives. It has an actual “learning mode”.

Also, there is a seat adjustment which occurs when shifting into sport mode that provides additional support, but this is separate from the SPC system.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.