Snow Mode

genYXE

Saskatoon
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've just picked up my 2019 G70 3.3T after trading in my 2016 Genesis 3.8 Sedan.

That sedan had "Snow Mode" if you press and hold the driving mode for a few seconds. I'm still learning the car and can't seem to notice there isn't a snow/winter mode in the drive settings.

I live in a region where the roads are constantly snow packed and icy conditions are frequent - especially after snowfall. I do have a set of winters currently on but would like to know so my wife would feel more at ease during those Saskatchewan cold snaps.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've just picked up my 2019 G70 3.3T after trading in my 2016 Genesis 3.8 Sedan.

That sedan had "Snow Mode" if you press and hold the driving mode for a few seconds. I'm still learning the car and can't seem to notice there isn't a snow/winter mode in the drive settings.

I live in a region where the roads are constantly snow packed and icy conditions are frequent - especially after snowfall. I do have a set of winters currently on but would like to know so my wife would feel more at ease during those Saskatchewan cold snaps.
Don't worry the traction control works well and Htrac can transfer 80% to the front of need be in slippery surfaces!

7C8C1A0A-B896-40F2-843A-1709CB65BDC1.png

g_954496

Don't worry the traction control works well and Htrac can transfer 80% to the front of need be in slippery surfaces!
Thanks. I did notice the transfer and was comparable to the HTRAC of my pervious sedan. The snow mode in the 16 sedan just felt it would cut half the power to the wheels during said conditions.

Either way, Im thoroughly enjoying the new ride on day 1. Lol

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
As NLJ says, it's all pretty much automatic now when the car detects slippage. You'll probably also notice a warning that comes up on the dash along the lines of "Ice Possible, drive with Care" ... because otherwise you wouldn't know??

I've also been using the paddle shifters in the snow, shifting up (or down? I always get those confused) to help braking when coming to a stop.

Slides

Hasn't posted much yet...
NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would use comfort mode when driving on snow.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are only two torque split maps - one for Comfort/Eco/Smart, the other for Sport.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am with everyone else on using eco or comfort if it is really slippery out. But that said I am still in custom (which for me is sport on everything except suspension in comfort) all winter and love it. Usually just use the comfort when my wife is in the car and it is icy. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.