So, 2015 AWD owners in Tim Horton land.. Did anyone get snow this weekend?

kev4

Registered Member
None here in Beautiful Vancouver area. We only get it once or twice a year and it only lasts a couple of days. Heated seats and all wheel drive, heated steering wheel, doesn't necessarily mean we live in Igloos'.

You have to question the geographical knowledge of the Koreans for only putting AWD V8's and heated seats front and back in Canada only. In most cases the USA has more frigid weather then we do in Canada when considering the majority of population and where they live. Ie Chicago, Boston, Washington, Minneapolis, and even Georgia.

So, no rear heated seat and AWD in the V8 available in the USA, they should employ more Americans who have more knowledge of the country they are trying to gain a customer base in the luxury market.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Well actually Tim Horton's has made quite an inroads into the NE US recently, so when I was thinking of "Tim Horton's Country", I was thinking of NE US, Quebec, and Southern Ontario, places I know had a good chance of getting snow this past weekend with the early snowfall.
As for Koreans knowing Canada, the head of US Sales is formerly the head of Canada sales and a former Toronto resident :).

CanukV6

Registered Member
No snow yet in my part of Southern Ontario, but North of Toronto and Eastern Ontario got some at the weekend. Certainly made me to get serious about buying a set of Winter Wheels & Tires though.

jonjon72

Registered Member
Had a light layer of snow and cool weather in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Accelerated and handled the roads with ease. Been in huge downpours with zero issues as well.

Looking forward to a real snowfall!

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
You have to question the geographical knowledge of the Koreans for only putting AWD V8's and heated seats front and back in Canada only. In most cases the USA has more frigid weather then we do in Canada when considering the majority of population and where they live. Ie Chicago, Boston, Washington, Minneapolis, and even Georgia.
Not saying that the Genesis portfolio is ideal, but Hyundai Canada makes those type of decisions and not corporate back in Korea.

And regardless, Genesis sales in Canada is absolutely crushing GS and Q70 sales (as well as the A6).

Compared to the mid-size lux competiton, the Genesis fare better in Canada than in the US (while it usually beats the same 3 in sales in the states, the differential is a lot smaller, aside for the Q70).

kev4

Registered Member
Happy to hear about the sales. I was referring to the American market, No V8 AWD, No Heated steering wheel, no heated rear seats. That decision must have been made by some Big Wig who lives in Florida or Southern California who thinks that the climate is the States isn't as temperate as the climate in Canada. I think 80% 0f the States get about the same weather as the majority of the population of Canada. A very high portion of the population of Canada lives within 2 hours driving distance to the Border.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ No HTRAC 5.0 for now for the States, but there have been hints that one may be forthcoming (trying to work on the fuel economy) and even if we don't end up w/ one, will almost certainly see an HTRAC-equipped 3.3T.

CanukV6

Registered Member
Happy to hear about the sales. I was referring to the American market, No V8 AWD, No Heated steering wheel, no heated rear seats. That decision must have been made by some Big Wig who lives in Florida or Southern California who thinks that the climate is the States isn't as temperate as the climate in Canada. I think 80% 0f the States get about the same weather as the majority of the population of Canada. A very high portion of the population of Canada lives within 2 hours driving distance to the Border.
Almost as bad as the Canadian Big Wig that decided that a Rear Window sunshade was unnecessary in Canada, presumably as the sun never shines north of the 49th Parallel, while still justifying the Rear Side-Window manual shades :(

Midnightsun

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Canada
Almost as bad as the Canadian Big Wig that decided that a Rear Window sunshade was unnecessary in Canada, presumably as the sun never shines north of the 49th Parallel, while still justifying the Rear Side-Window manual shades :(
I used it about 2 or 3 times in the 4 years I had the Gen 1. Only reason I used it was because it was there. I really think it is a total waste for me however some may find it useful in the Arizona sun when it's 150F out there.:rolleyes: Much better off with a good rear tint job IMHO.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums