So what are my Equus aftermarket options?

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Would love to lower the car about 1" or so, few performance upgrades, and obviously some wheels. Besides universal mufflers I cant find nothing for performance. Anybody have some suggestions?

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
So my plan after my 1st week with my 2012 Signature is super dark tint (done), dark smoked taillights, wrap all chrome in black vinyl, set of staggered deep dish 20's, lowering links, paint calipers, and install Electronic cutouts for the exhaust. Not holding my breath for any engine mods to come out unfortunately. Would've loved at least to find an ECU tune to get her up to 500. Up next will be the smoked taillights and then move on to some wheels and the lowering links. Trying to get pricing on removing and wrapping the chrome. Thinking about doing Lambo purple for the caliper paint 20190829_152203.jpg 20190829_152142.jpg

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Found someone in Orlando who said hes fairly certain he can tune the Equus. Going to schedule something with him for next year on that when he makes his way South to my area. Within next couple months getting all the chrome delete done just like Beau2424 did with his car along with blacking out the taillights for a sinister look. Already picked out my wheels. Going with 20 inch staggered Verde V39 Parallax rims in Gloss Black on 2453520 & 2753520 General Gmax AS05 tires. Also still deciding on color to have calipers painted but hoping to do that before year end. Next year will be the lowering links and whatever engine mods I can perform. Very excited!! Pics to come as more gets done. Any ideas you may have I'm open to hear to make the Equus even better

princelybug

SUSTAINING MEMBER
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Keep us updated!

slvslv

Registered Member
Kansas
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I like those blackout taillights! Where did you find them or are they a mod? How do they look with the lights on? Thanks!

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
I like those blackout taillights! Where did you find them or are they a mod? How do they look with the lights on? Thanks!
I'll take better pics later today. I found a local guy who paints lights blackout. Cost me $100. Debated tint but wanted to go DARK and didn't want to worry about peeling on edges and stuff. Knocked it out prep paint and dry in like 1.75 hours

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Here they are lit up in just drive mode. Brake lights essentially double in brightness but tough to tell in daylight 20190913_165806.jpg

daviderle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Nicely done...👍
IMHO the impact will be much more effective, without any lettering and the (H)...

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Nicely done...👍
IMHO the impact will be much more effective, without any lettering and the (H)...
Those will be getting blacked out Monday as part of my chrome delete I have scheduled

slvslv

Registered Member
Kansas
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Yes, those do look good. Nice work! Are they bright enough through the paint to still be legal? Can you post a night shot sometime? I look forward to seeing the blacked-out chrome, too. Thanks!

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Yes, those do look good. Nice work! Are they bright enough through the paint to still be legal? Can you post a night shot sometime? I look forward to seeing the blacked-out chrome, too. Thanks!

I'll get a night pic tonight. Meant to last night but got sucked into watching Power and forgot lol.

Honestly I think they're bright enough for legal but I cant say for sure. I just wanted dark and wasnt too concerned about legal or not. Windshield tint being done today and then black out chrome Monday. By Wednesday this car will look quite different!! Black Verde Parallax 20 inch wheels to come next

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
20190917_064244.jpg night pic of taillights. Damn house light kind of skews it but as dark as they look still.plenty bright

slvslv

Registered Member
Kansas
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Thanks for posting those pics! They look great at night!

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Quick update....ran into couple issues with chrome delete. 1st being my guy ran out of vinyl before he could finish, so more needed to be ordered. Second is that he has been unable to figure out how to wrap the grille accent pieces due to their very tiny size, so looks as if I may have to paint or plastidip them. Haven't decided. Only pieces left to black is rearview mirror trims, passenger side roof trim, rear emblems, and boomerang rear window trim. Should be done by Wednesday. Found a crazy good deal locally on some 20x9.5 and 20x11 Asanti AF135 rims so going to test fit them and if they fit I'll be grabbing them. Then save up some more cash to refinish them and powdercoat them gloss black. Then done for 2019 unless I grab the lowering links. 2020 I'll attempt for some other upgrades, mainly electronic exhaust cutouts behind the cats and completely LED all the lights in the car.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Teaser pic coming tomorrow. But shes super dirty so got to clean her up first before you guys get to see the finished product. Down side is my wrap guy could not figure out how to wrap the grille pieces, so those are still.chrome for now. Also ran out of vinyl so still a few trim pieces left to go. Going to check in with other wrappers(?) In my area to see if they can do it. If not I'm going to have to either get the chrome stripped off and painted, or plastidip the pieces :( But for now she looks amazing

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums