SoCal here!

Wordman

Registered Member
Tustin, California
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So who else is in SoCal? I know there's a couple of you... :)

darammer

Getting familiar with the group...
SFV - LA, CA
Genesis Model Type
NW LA,CA here

2California

Hasn't posted much yet...
Modesto, CA
Not in SoCAL, yet live in the Central Valley. A place where the locals used to call "MoTown" known now to many Bayarea computers as Modesto, now refer to as a city.

Bought "My Gen" in July and just had the windows tinted, 4 days ago, a birthday gift. The tint "guy" and another coworker were trying to figure out what model of car just pulled in their driveway; a Lexus? etc. They just loved the car and I have to say made me feel great they were enjoying checking out my "baby".

P.S. the tint job is so "hot" looks so great on car.

VaiFan

Been here awhile...
Tustin
Tustin here!
when are we going to have a SoCal rally?
Palomar or Idylwild or something.

Wordman

Registered Member
Tustin, California
Genesis Model Type
Two more Genesis sightings - both V6s.

1. Saw a Platinum or Titanium Gray getting on I-405 N from Jamboree - no plates (or dealer crap), so I assume it's brand spanking new.

2. Drove alongside a Black Genesis last Saturday for a major portion of I-5 N (mainly thanks to a fender bender involving a Porsche - Ouch! $$$$$). Driven by an Asian lady.

This is on top of the Sapphire Blue Genesis I saw going south on Jamboree a few weeks ago.

Are you one of these lucky Genesis owners?

VaiFan

Been here awhile...
Tustin
Wasn't me. I have been keeping my eye out for a white Genesis and if I see it, I'm going to pull up next to you and roll down the window and yell "Wordman".

I did see the blue one in the parking lot of Lowes on Jamboree though.
car was empty.

CA Genesis

Irvine
Titanium Gray with no plates, no dealer frames, no Genesis name on trunk, wings on back only with tinted windows.
Fun car to drive. See you around.

Wordman

Registered Member
Tustin, California
Genesis Model Type
:welcome: Welcome CA Genesis!

It may have been you I saw getting on the freeway off of Jamboree?

Roger

Roger here,
West Hills, San Fernando Valley, L.A. County. Just joined the site. I picked up My Genesis on 12/18/08. Cabrenet Red Pearl, Cashmere, 3.8 w/Winged Badge on trunk & wheels. I'm happy to see that you are all out there. I love my Genesis. I went to the L.A. Auto Show to compare a Honda Accord EXL & a Saturn Aura, thankfully the Hyundai Exhibit was in my way. Love at first sight. I did my research and test drove it, found a great deal w/10 yr. & 100,000 bumper to bumper, slight fee worth it. We need to start a Genesis Car Club. Every one who sees the car parked asks "What's a Genesis.

Wordman

Registered Member
Tustin, California
Genesis Model Type
:welcome: Roger! That's a nice color combo you have - my second choice behind white. Did you get it with the winged badges, or DIY afterwards like me? I get more "What's a Genesis?" queries since I changed the rear Hyundai badge to a wing. It's the best amusement... :)

Roger

Dick,
Glad to meet you. The day my wife and I went to test drive it together, we did, then I asked to go in and talk numbers, and their she was sitting on the showroom floor, with a big red bow on top. Ladin Lincoln, Mercury, Hyundai in Thousand Oaks puts the wings on the back and on the rims. So it came with. It has the Premium Plus package. It's quiet, and comfortable and I just got the Hyundai ipod cable so I hooked my nano up and took a cruise down the highway. Hope to meet you one day, like I said, we should start a car club.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Roger

Ladin Hyundai changes out all their Genesis with the Wings. Mine were on the wheels and of the car sitting on the showroom floor. I looked on the internet and found that you can get the wings for trunk & wheels as a set. If I remember correctly it was hyundaiaccessories.com something along that line.
I saw an emblem (wings) for the hood, but was told it doesn't fit on the American model. Good Luck,
We need to get all the Genesis Owners together for a bull session and show off our cars. Roger arkRed"][/COLOR]

jasyn

for all u socal people .. which dealerships did you go to .. who did you deal with .. and did you get any specials?

Last edited:

Wordman

Registered Member
Tustin, California
Genesis Model Type

Roger

I went to Van Nuys Keyes hyundai, test drove one and then went to Ladin Lincoln, Mercury, Hyundai in Thousand Oaks at the Auto Mall. Miguel was the first contact, Eric Evans was the sales manager. I walked into the show room and ended up buying the car on the showroom floor. Cabrenet Red w/Cashmere Leather and the Premium Plus package. They don't deal much because they know what they've got. :cool:

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners