• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Some 2019 USDM G70's Now Featuring the 4 Button Layout on the Center Console

cd793

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Subject pretty much sums it up. The first one I saw with the four button layout was about a month or two ago at Jim Ellis Genesis in Atlanta and here are two additional G70s that feature the four buttons control layout below the drive mode selector as opposed to the 5 buttons where they throw in the dead button at no extra cost! I wonder if these are the last batch of 2019 models that US dealers will get before the 2020 models start coming in.

Also: The below cars are, like so many others online, are not correctly labeled when it comes to their trim. The 3.3T Advanced has only three buttons below the drive mode selector so it looks to me like red one is a 3.3T Sport and the Black is a 3.3T Prestige since they are the only two 3.3T turbo trims (besides special editions) that have the surround view camera button. I also sincerely hope they bring the four button layout to the 2.0T Elite trims since that is the only other trim on the 4 cyl G70s that utilize only four buttons.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/772820200/overview/

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/772461639/overview/

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Subject pretty much sums it up. The first one I saw with the four button layout was about a month or two ago at Jim Ellis Genesis in Atlanta and here are two additional G70s that feature the four buttons control layout below the drive mode selector as opposed to the 5 buttons where they throw in the dead button at no extra cost! I wonder if these are the last batch of 2019 models that US dealers will get before the 2020 models start coming in.

Also: The below cars are, like so many others online, are not correctly labeled when it comes to their trim. The 3.3T Advanced has only three buttons below the drive mode selector so it looks to me like red one is a 3.3T Sport and the Black is a 3.3T Prestige since they are the only two 3.3T turbo trims (besides special editions) that have the surround view camera button. I also sincerely hope they bring the four button layout to the 2.0T Elite trims since that is the only other trim on the 4 cyl G70s that utilize only four buttons.

I bet us 5 button gluttons could order the newer 4 button panel and install it on our cars. Just need the new P/N.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I bet us 5 button gluttons could order the newer 4 button panel and install it on our cars. Just need the new P/N.
If this is possible, that would be great.

I'd prefer to pick up a 2019 as I feel they won't have as solid of deals on the 2020, but I'm super specific on things I like/don't like, and blank buttons in a top trim irk me.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why do those pictures make the car look so stubby? My spidey senses are tingling

Draco-REX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

So took a peek at the catalog for the 4-button car above VS a 5-button car we have on our lot. Per VIN, the part#s are the same. This is REALLY odd to me. A change like this usually means a change in Part#, even if they are interchangeable.

This makes me think of a couple possibilities:
Least likely: The part was designed as a 4-button from the start and the initial runs were incorrect. Seems like an error like this wouldn't make it to production for so long.

Most likely: The catalog is incorrect. The new part# hasn't been put into the catalog yet and the old part# was used as a filler. A correction would require an inquiry to Korea and/or disassembling a 4-button console to get the part# off the assembly itself.

So right now, I wouldn't recommend trying to order a 4-button assembly just yet, unless you're willing to wait. The first part you get will probably be wrong.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So took a peek at the catalog for the 4-button car above VS a 5-button car we have on our lot. Per VIN, the part#s are the same. This is REALLY odd to me. A change like this usually means a change in Part#, even if they are interchangeable.

This makes me think of a couple possibilities:
Least likely: The part was designed as a 4-button from the start and the initial runs were incorrect. Seems like an error like this wouldn't make it to production for so long.

Most likely: The catalog is incorrect. The new part# hasn't been put into the catalog yet and the old part# was used as a filler. A correction would require an inquiry to Korea and/or disassembling a 4-button console to get the part# off the assembly itself.

So right now, I wouldn't recommend trying to order a 4-button assembly just yet, unless you're willing to wait. The first part you get will probably be wrong.
Do you think because the part is interchangeable, they just used the same part number?

Draco-REX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Do you think because the part is interchangeable, they just used the same part number?
Again, that is not the norm with Hyundai. A revised part will have a new part# and the old part will supersede to the new part#. So the 5-button I was comparing is 93300-G9040. A revised part would usually end in 41 or 45. Or they may add an AS or -DS to the end. There isn't a hard and fast rule for the change, but a revision of this magnitude would always come with a new part#.

Now, this is Genesis. So there is always a possibility that this will defy past experience. I just don't see it happening.

I think we should wait for the 2020s to hit the US and start comparing part#s then. It's possible that Hyundai revised the part, and ran OUT of the 5-button parts and are completing the last 2019s with the new parts, but entering the old part# into the catalog.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Again, that is not the norm with Hyundai. A revised part will have a new part# and the old part will supersede to the new part#. So the 5-button I was comparing is 93300-G9040. A revised part would usually end in 41 or 45. Or they may add an AS or -DS to the end. There isn't a hard and fast rule for the change, but a revision of this magnitude would always come with a new part#.

Now, this is Genesis. So there is always a possibility that this will defy past experience. I just don't see it happening.

I think we should wait for the 2020s to hit the US and start comparing part#s then. It's possible that Hyundai revised the part, and ran OUT of the 5-button parts and are completing the last 2019s with the new parts, but entering the old part# into the catalog.
Thank you for clarifying!

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like 5 button, at least from a UX perspective - visually no.

You can rest your finger there and find the position of the other buttons immediately without pushing anything accidentally.

Draco-REX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I like 5 button, at least from a UX perspective - visually no.

You can rest your finger there and find the position of the other buttons immediately without pushing anything accidentally.
Do you have the 4-cylinder? The 4-cylinder uses all 5 buttons, and I don't think those changed. It's the V6 that doesn't have ISG that has a blank to the left of the dial that everyone's disappointed in.

At least we don't own Porsches..