Son has loud exhaust anything to stop loud start up ???

carablog

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Hello,
Sorry I dont have better info, my son has an 2012 Coupe 3.8 he has an exhaust and maybe a cat back ?? not sure, sorry more into motorcycles, anyways is there anything I can do to stop the loud start up ?? other than put the stock exhaust on it ?? I know the car riches up to start it, but can I flash the ECU or so something to stop the loud start up ?? Thanks in advance

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Nope. Cold start requires richer mixture.

put the stock exhaust back on or deal with it.

I’ve got long tube headers, and straight pipes on my ‘39 hot rod, no cats asit’s smog exempt, sets off every car alarm on my block when i cold start it.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Ducatislave

Hasn't posted much yet...
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Potatoes........if you have to ask how or why you are not old enough to get it.

But on a more serious note, is this something that you personally dislike and want it to stop without hurting your boys feelings, or is this one of those "we got a nastygram from the HOA" deals?

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
This reminds me back in around 2000 when I had a 1994 Grand Prix 3.4L that had a very loud exhaust. When I would leave my girlfriends parents house late at night I would put the car in neutral and push it all the way down the street to the stop sign before I fired it up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.