Southern California Genesis meet ?

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Mid afternoon, around 12 or so is ok for me. I don't think I'd be able to get the wife and kid ready earlier than that. But don't schedule around my availability. Meet whenever you guys feel is convenient. If we make it we do and if we don't, our loss.

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
Is this still in for tomorrow?

MathWiz

Registered Member
San Diego, Ca
I have been involved in several car meets with different cars and groups, from 15 to over 80 cars. One thing I have found is a meet always needs someone to coordinate and make decisions or is turns into a mess, which is what we have here.

For the guys who are going, I hope it turns out great, but I am not driving a 100 miles for a possibility of a meet.

Good Luck

Charles

accordn2ryan

Registered Member
Los Angeles, CA
Yea I totally agree that there should be a lead on who coordinates the meets (I assumed the OP would be) haha

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
I assumed the same lol

Shoeboxdriver

Hasn't posted much yet...
SoCal
New guy here, looks like this thread died during the holidays, did you guys ever get together?
I got some ideas if you still have an interest, got a bit of experience doing this type of thing. Sitting in a lawn chair in a hot parking lot kinda sucks and doesn't go over well with the wives and kids....
Sorry if this ends up being a double post, my laptop just did something wierd.
Call me Mac....

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
Hey Mac. This thread died as we weren't organized enough and none of us took the wheel. Still willing to get together for a meet though.

Shoeboxdriver

SoCal
Cool! my first connection....Yeah, like Mathwiz said it takes some coordination, but the most important thing is finding a place that has something for everyone to do besides sit in the sun and talk. Places to eat, get a beer... being close helps as well. Out of the hundreds of cruises and show-n-shines I've attended over the years it can be as simple as a cruise to the beach, or as complex as all attending an organized event. The fun should be taking the cars and family out for an enjoyable drive, having something to do and hanging out. Palm Springs Tram, Huntington Beach pier, Palomar Observitory, are all good examples, plenty of parking to gather 10 to 20 rides, and not super expensive. Some will come some won't but thats the way it always is. For those that are close together (I live in Tustin) there are always weekly gatherings that would work for smaller groups. Donut Derilicts does a gathering of all car types every Saturday morning from 4 am to 9 am in Huntington Beach for example.
I'm the new guy here , not sure where to go from here, but I'm more than willing to be the coordinator, go to guy,or head grumpy butt to get the plan rolling. I want to do more than sit on a laptop and talk about my wheels.

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
You're in Tustin? I'm semi nearby, in Chino. Huntington Beach pier sounds great, but is there parking there? I don't think we will need much. There don't seem to be many Genesis around, much less owners participating in a forum, and even less willing to come out and meet.

Where is donut derelicts? Is that similar to cars and coffee in Irvine?

Last edited:

Shoeboxdriver

SoCal
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I work to much....
Chino is just around the corner, I used to work in Ontario drove the 71 and the backroads to aviod the traffic.
Huntington Beach has a ton of parking all around the Pier, and up and down the beach. Main Street has a ton of good food, and shops for the girls. It's all metered or pay to park which is a drawback, but if your there for a few hours doing stuff it's worth it.
Donut Derelicts is on the corner of Adams & Magnolia in HB. It's closer than the beach but not by much. It would be a run for you, but if you like all kinds of cars it's worth and early rise on a Saturday. If you know who Chip Foose is (Overhauling fame) he hangs out there a lot to check out the cars.
Irvine is more exotic and might be a better fit for Gen 1 & 2 type rides. You gotta remember I'm a hot rodder at heart and my Led Sled doesn't fit in there. I actually had a Vett owner tell me my type of car was not welcome there. Yeah, some people just suck. No I didn't leave, I think he was just jealous more people were looking at my ride than his...

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
I've seen some of the cars at cars and coffee. Definitely not trying to compete with those cars. That's the Newport and south OC crowd so I know they are definitely snooty.

I'm open to Huntington Beach. Hopefully we get more people interested.

Recdol

Registered Member
I'm willing to go to OC, but I need to exact date&time
I will check this thread more often now
hope we meet each other soon !

XPO439

Registered Member
California
Just saw this after I posted a thread in the 2015-2016 Genesis thread. The wifey and I are heading up to L.A Wednesday this week, having #Sarah5.0 lowered at Ark Performance. Anyone want to meet up and drive through SoCal?

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
I may be free on Wednesday. What time you guys gonna be at ARK? Maybe I'll cruise by. Where are you coming up from?

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
Wow you guys are coming from far. They made you guys come down for install or were there no installers up in Sacramento? That's a long drive. Good opportunity to break the springs in on the drive back though. I'm curious to see how much they lower the heavier 5.0. My 3.8 has a pretty agressive drop as it is.

XPO439

Registered Member
California
Wow you guys are coming from far. They made you guys come down for install or were there no installers up in Sacramento? That's a long drive. Good opportunity to break the springs in on the drive back though. I'm curious to see how much they lower the heavier 5.0. My 3.8 has a pretty agressive drop as it is.

We're actually coming down for vacation and why not kill two birds with one stone lol. Plus this gets rid of shipping fees and is about an hour or so from our hotel. Are you lowered? I want to get like a caravan going, since there's not too many G2 genesis sedans out there. At least not in Sac.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type

XPO439

Registered Member
California
Yeah I'm lowered. I'm actually one of the cars they tested the springs on so I've had them for a while now. My car is actually the car pictured on ARK's website on the listing for the G2 springs.

The thread for my car is here: http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-genesis-forum/showthread.php?t=15497&page=4

Dude, nice car! Your car actually gave me the idea to go with the lowered look. I can't private message for some reason or I would give you my number for when I'm down there. How are those springs holding up? My last car had coilovers.

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
PM sent

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners