Special ordering G70

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone in the US custom ordered the G70? If so how long did it take you to receive it?

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You cannot. You can only get what the configurator offers.

If that’s what you mean by custom...not sure.

What are you looking for?
I placed a build order with our local Hyundai dealership for a 2.0 HG sport package G70. The dealer really had no idea how long it would take to receive the vehicle. (they were pretty clueless about the G70 in general) I was just wondering if anyone had ordered from the factory and what the turn around time had been.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I placed a build order with our local Hyundai dealership for a 2.0 HG sport package G70. The dealer really had no idea how long it would take to receive the vehicle. (they were pretty clueless about the G70 in general) I was just wondering if anyone had ordered from the factory and what the turn around time had been.
Tell us the exact spec...we’ll find it for you!!

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes they checked surrounding states. That's the reason we ordered in the first place. After reading posts here I was just wondering how long it would take to actually receive it. We ordered on January 29th. I'm just hoping it will arrive by March. I'm willing to wait for what I actually want but it doesn't stop me from being excited about when it will be here.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. I'll follow up with the dealership today. They were under the impression that they could place an order for me.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. I'll follow up with the dealership today. They were under the impression that they could place an order for me.
I am doing something similar with the local dealership--they said they could put in a request and should be able to get a car from port. I believe also that Toddasaurus was doing something similar. In fact, he may have led to me going down this road because at that point several dealers were seemingly saying they could put in a request to get a car. So far I have no idea on timing though. I think the other poster mentioned he should have a car or know about a car by Feb. 18.
But--I'm wondering. Is Genesis importing any more cars? And how long will what is currently "at port" be sufficient to fill demands. And, if particular configuration you want is not "at port" what time frame would that turn out to be? I'd be curious about what you learn from your dealership.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Unfortunately his dealer came back to him saying that a car matching his specs was not at the port and he would not be able to get one. I sent him a link to one in Michigan and he made the deal. Will be flying out on the 24th to finalize it.
Oh geez. I missed that--or I did not connect it at the time I saw it. I guess I need to ask my dealer contact again. Is Hyundai done importing G70s? Or will there be additional ones arriving anytime soon. . . .

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.