Skeeterman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
don't really see much of a change.. not a fan of those mirrors though. I'm sure the headlights, taillights and interior will be updated, but all in all it isn't much different than what my 2018 looks like.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Not a huge change to the greenhouse/rear window panel, but can tell it's a little more upright than the current G80 (which is a good thing, as allows for more rear headroom).

Can also tell the next gen G80 pretty much retains its size (larger than most of the mid-sizers; again a good thing).

Can also see the dual-strip headlight and taillight shape a la the Essentia concept.

Hard to tell from the 1st photo, but maybe they're trying to do a better job of masking the radar sensor on the grille.

Thanks, and welcome!

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
Can't wait to see it unveiled. I was wondering when the next gen will be coming out. I tend to change cars every 5 years and my next car will likely be another Genesis G80. I hope the 5.0L will still be available and Android Auto will be available on the top model. I know the current Ultimate models have it but I'm not going to buy the same car again just for that. I'm 2.5 years into my Genesis 5.0, another 2.5 years to go.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
^ Wow you really are Incredible! I can't see anything through all that camo. 😉

you can see the upper window profile which has no camo and it is the same as the current model on the drivers side, so the passenger side would be the same, you can also see the rear windshield is essentially the same, and the rear overhang is still long so it hasn't lost much if any trunk space..

over all it appears to be essentially the same as the current model from my POV.

you can also tell form the interior shot that the Nav/Infotainment screen is at the top of the dash and stand alone a-la MBZ or BMW and the SD chip is in the top..

from my perspective it appears the grille is wider left to right, but thinner top to bottom allowing for thinner headlights, which might be a clue to Acura style LED projectors instead of the current HID style projectors.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Based on the 1st photo, looks like nothing more than a refresh of the current G80.

The 3rd shot is where you start seeing a difference.

The roofline doesn't slope as much in the passenger window section as much as on the current model and the rear window panel is more upright as well.

Kinda difficult to tell w/ it not being a straight-on side/profile view as angles can distort things, but from what I can tell, looks different enough.

Was kinda hoping for more differentiation when it came to the greenhouse shape/design (if this, indeed, is the next gen model), but then run the risk of doing something like that weird kink that Infiniti had been doing.

Can't wait to see it unveiled. I was wondering when the next gen will be coming out. I tend to change cars every 5 years and my next car will likely be another Genesis G80. I hope the 5.0L will still be available and Android Auto will be available on the top model. I know the current Ultimate models have it but I'm not going to buy the same car again just for that. I'm 2.5 years into my Genesis 5.0, another 2.5 years to go.

Genesis wanted to accelerate development of the next gen G80, but supposedly, the development of the new platform was taking longer than expected.

Thought the new G80 would launch around the same time as the GV80 CUV - maybe late 2019 for the Korean market or early 2020.

But this looks like a late stage prototype.

The current G80 went into production in late 2013, so 2019 would be its 7th year of production, 1 more than the 1st gen model.

So should be near perfect timing for you (w/ 2.5 yrs to go, likely can avoid the 1st MY).

Abdullah0637

Hi guys
Thanks to everyone I'm glad to join you in this forum. I want to share with you some new spyshots of the next g80 that I just got them. I tried to add them to the first post but sadly there is no option to edit the thread anymore so I will share them in this post, here we go..

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Was hoping Genesis would revise the grille-within-a-grille design that we saw on the GV80 concept, but seems like it lives on in the new G80 (a pentagon-shaped grille w/ a lower grille element).

But seems like that mesh-like grille treatment continues even further, down to the lower side air dams/inlets.

Someone needs to tell Genesis that there's something called too much of a good thing/less is more.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ One thing to add about the upcoming powertrains.

As been mentioned several times, the new 2.5T engine will be the base power-plant and had surmised that likely will see a power boost for the turbo V6.

According to a source, TKCB is reporting that the 3.3T will be replaced by a 3.5T.

W/ this move, seems likely that the Tau V8 will be dropped (probably will still see it available for the G90) w/ all powertrains getting updated to the 10 spd AT.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.