Steering Vibration

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My Genesis has steering vibration at highway speed, very very slightly vibration and most people would not notice it. I did have Road force balance and new Michelin A/S 3 + put on but problem still there. Is it just me or it is how the car supposed to ride like that? Thank You

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Hi Tuan, if you're feeling a vibration it's not normal and something is off. New tires and road force balance should make it smooth as silk. If you just had the balance performed, I'd take it back and have them check it thoroughly one more time.

If that doesn't clear it up, these things can get tedious to pin down. Alignment, rim or tire, suspension or brake-related, etc. First try to narrow down where it's coming from and which wheel, if possible. I'd guess it's the front most likely?

Vaidhy

Getting familiar with the group...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Yep, I had the same problem between 65-75 mph and after alignment, balancing and road force balancing, narrowed it down to bent-rims. Very common in snow belt due to potholes. Check for bent rims and fix or put the better ones up front so you don't feel the effect on steering before going down suspension related issues. Did the trick for me.

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I got all 4 rotors and brake pad replace along with new set of tires. They did balance second times and it still doing the same thing. I will ask them to check if rims are bent.

kocyk123

Registered Member
Gilberts, IL
Genesis Model Type
Had the same problem with very very slight vibration. Costed me 3 visits to the shop to re-balance. Last time, I said I want to see each wheel on the machine and inspect it myself. 2 bent rims. Got them fixed for $200 total. No more vibration.

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Had the same problem with very very slight vibration. Costed me 3 visits to the shop to re-balance. Last time, I said I want to see each wheel on the machine and inspect it myself. 2 bent rims. Got them fixed for $200 total. No more vibration.
How you know they were bent? or did they tell you?

kocyk123

Registered Member
Gilberts, IL
Genesis Model Type
They were to lazy to check if the rim is out of shape. I noticed it myself. Simply have them put the rim on the balancing machine, spin the rim and while spinning, check the rim on both sides and if any of the rims is bent, you will see it right away.

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
They were to lazy to check if the rim is out of shape. I noticed it myself. Simply have them put the rim on the balancing machine, spin the rim and while spinning, check the rim on both sides and if any of the rims is bent, you will see it right away.
I will try to do the same tomorrow, if wheel really bent I will replace it with other different set

kocyk123

Registered Member
Gilberts, IL
Genesis Model Type
Good luck and keep us posted.

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Just quick update, got my car re balance today. I ask them to remove all old wheel weight and balance them from beginning, also check for any wheel bent possible. No bent, wheel rotate and reblance, it’s all good now guys

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Also, my front left suspension when go over small bump on highway will make little unpleasant noise compare to other side. No noise when go to big bump or anything, just like some plastic loose underwheel. Had alignment and suspension check twice no suspension damage. Any body experience this? Thank you guys

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Just quick update, got my car re balance today. I ask them to remove all old wheel weight and balance them from beginning, also check for any wheel bent possible. No bent, wheel rotate and reblance, it’s all good now guys

(y) Good to hear it's fixed and rolling smooth now. Haven't come across noises as you mention, but maybe someone will chime in with an answer, or let us know if you figure it out first.

tuanhuy0301

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
(y) Good to hear it's fixed and rolling smooth now. Haven't come across noises as you mention, but maybe someone will chime in with an answer, or let us know if you figure it out first.
I suspect that some plastic stuff under body. Found that front cover is missing clip so I will put them on and check if anything come loose

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums