• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Stinger lowering springs installed

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you have a different vehicle for winter? The color is fantastic and It looks great lowered. I've seen a few pics pop up on instagram. I don't think I could survive with our roads and winters though.

Last edited:

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The rolling with the AWD height is something I've noticed in turns. Seriously considering this for myself. Thanks for the pics!

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That looks incredible; the wrap, and the height! I have a question; correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you're from Ontario. If that's the case, how do you get away without the front plate? Did you take it off yourself? What was the procedure like to remove the front plate holder if it was installed by the dealer? I wonder if there would be any screw holes in the bumper if one were to remove it :/ Thanks.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That looks incredible; the wrap, and the height! I have a question; correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you're from Ontario. If that's the case, how do you get away without the front plate? Did you take it off yourself? What was the procedure like to remove the front plate holder if it was installed by the dealer? I wonder if there would be any screw holes in the bumper if one were to remove it :/ Thanks.
If its the same as the US ones, there's 3 screws that hold the plate holder onto the car. They are drilled into a black plastic piece behind the grill design. Just take a phillips head screwdriver, remove those, remove the plate holder, and optionally replace the screws in the holes if you want to plug em

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesis did a good job with a decent front plate holder for the G70, but it still looks horrendous and I wish I didn't live in a state that required it.

nezro

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Did you get an alignment afterwards? Or you still within factory spec. (I've had lowered cars in the past that didn't like staying aligned afterwards..)

Sid3ways

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the same issue, but I don't give a h*ck :roflmao:
Agreed, it has been law in Ohio forever and I have about 4 warnings in my last 22 years of driving. I always have refused to run a front plate. Thankfully though last month they passed a law which will FINALLY remove the front plate requirement which goes into effect in a few months I believe. :D

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You and me both. I've got my finger's crossed that I don't get a ticket for not having the front plate. If I do, I'll put one on with an off-center mounted towhook plate holder.
I've seen a few options for plate holders that tuck away under the bumper with an electronic remote-activated system, but I think it involves drilling into it

Draco-REX

Parts Monkey
Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did you get an alignment after lowering? If so did you have alignment specs?
I hope he did. ANY time you unbolt something in the suspension (except sway bars) you need to get the alignment checked.

For alignment, stock specs should be attainable with a mild drop like that. If you're looking to fine tune your alignment:
Front camber and caster are not adjustable stock.
Front Toe (0.15):
A little toe out will get you more responsive steering, but the nose will wander more based on the shape of the road.
A little toe in will make the car more stable on uneven roads, but won't feel as responsive.
Zero toe isn't recommended. I used to go with 0 toe, but I found out it's really the worst of both options instead of a middle-ground.

Rear camber, (-1.5). It's within spec and a little more aggressive than stock. But with so little up front, much more than this would be useless and going less to balance the car more is just the wrong way to go about things.
Rear Toe (0.20), you never want to go toe-out. A little toe-in will make the car more stable in turns and I highly recommend it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums