• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Stinger lowering springs installed

Draco-REX

Parts Monkey
Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Eibach lowering springs for a Kia stinger installed.
Just pulled it out of the garage. About the test them out.
I'm also interested in the ride quality. I had a CTS-V coupe and used Eibach springs to lower it. They preserved most of the ride quality; to the point where the wife couldn't tell the difference. I'd like to replicate that again. Do you think they would pas the Wife Test on the G70?

freelancer

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm also interested in the ride quality. I had a CTS-V coupe and used Eibach springs to lower it. They preserved most of the ride quality; to the point where the wife couldn't tell the difference. I'd like to replicate that again. Do you think they would pas the Wife Test on the G70?
Coming from an STI, which is a TOTAL wife test fail, she loves the Stinger/G70 ride. I did Eibach springs and sways and she asked why I spent the money because she doesn't notice a difference at all. That is a PASS to me. BTW, they do make a noticeable difference in looks and handling. Do it, you will not regret it.

Cclemon

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi, I'm new to this community. Are the stinger stings you mentioned this part number: E10-46-035-01-22? I have a 2.0 and am currently trying to lower it. I've checked out the ARK springs and the eibach springs and are considering between the two. can someone please help and maybe give me some suggestions?

Timbo Slice

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi, I'm new to this community. Are the stinger stings you mentioned this part number: E10-46-035-01-22? I have a 2.0 and am currently trying to lower it. I've checked out the ARK springs and the eibach springs and are considering between the two. can someone please help and maybe give me some suggestions?
Yes, that will work. Just note that it is made to fit the AWD version so the drop will be different compared to the RWD application (part# E10-46-035-01-22 drops 0.8" front and rear. Which leads to my question...

Sorry to revive this somewhat old thread but didn't want to start another one for this...
My question is, I have a G70 3.3T RWD and I want to get it a bit lower. I would like to use the Stinger Eibach springs as they are about the only springs I've ever used, although not apposed to other brands. Would the springs for the AWD Stinger with the 1.2-1.4" drop be too much on my RWD G70 or should I just use the springs for RWD application with 0.8" drop?

Last edited:

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, that will work. Just note that it is made to fit the AWD version so the drop will be different compared to the RWD application (part# E10-46-035-01-22 drops 0.8" front and rear. Which leads to my question...

Sorry to revive this somewhat old thread but didn't want to start another one for this...
My question is, I have a G70 3.3T RWD and I want to get it a bit lower. I would like to use the Stinger Eibach springs as they are about the only springs I've ever used, although not apposed to other brands. Would the springs for the AWD Stinger with the 1.2-1.4" drop be too much on my RWD G70 or should I just use the springs for RWD application with 0.8" drop?
I have the 1.4”/1.2” drop on my rwd and it works just fine. I am not sure what part number though as the company I went through ordered them.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Eibach springs are the part number for both rwd and awd cars. The drop will be different though because the Stinger awd sits higher than the rwd apparently. Not sure of that also applies to G70s. For red cars, the drop is .8 front and rear. For awd, the drop is 1.4 front and 1.2. Rear.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just had my springs installed and although the drop isnt dramatic (.8" on a RWD), it is noticable. Just makes the stance a bit more aggressive. The car does ride rougher. Even in comfort mode, it is stiffer than sport mode with original springs. But, it handles better and feels more like a sports car.

The install is a pain in the butt. I ended up having a high end custom shop do the work and it took them 7 hours which included alignment. They do local sports celebrity cars, Lambos, Ferraris, etc. This was the first G70 for them, so it was a learning experience. They took their time which is good. Lots of sensors and tight spaces. Everything was able to be aligned within spec, so that is good.

I'll post pics once the springs settle.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just had my springs installed and although the drop isnt dramatic (.8" on a RWD), it is noticable. Just makes the stance a bit more aggressive. The car does ride rougher. Even in comfort mode, it is stiffer than sport mode with original springs. But, it handles better and feels more like a sports car.

The install is a pain in the butt. I ended up having a high end custom shop do the work and it took them 7 hours which included alignment. They do local sports celebrity cars, Lambos, Ferraris, etc. This was the first G70 for them, so it was a learning experience. They took their time which is good. Lots of sensors and tight spaces. Everything was able to be aligned within spec, so that is good.

I'll post pics once the springs settle.
Are the springs compatible with the electronic adjustment that comes stock on the (sport model) car? I thought you lose that when you swap to aftermarket suspension

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Only if you change the struts themselves. If you're just swapping the springs, then the electronic suspension modes still work.
Yes, everything works fine as long as you only change the springs which are literally just springs... lol

I will say that the difference between Sport and Comfort is negligible as far as ride goes with the new springs.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the plus side, it looks way better and handles better. I think the slight compromise in comfort is worth it. If I wanted a cushy luxury barge, I wouldnt have bought a sport sedan. I came from a sports car because I wanted a little more functionality of a four door and a rear seat for my Son. Plus, I dont use it as a daily driver. I use it as a sunny day, back twisty road romper with an occasional commute to work on nice days.

If using as a daily driver on crappy streets, I'd recommend not doing this. It's definitely not a kidney buster in comfort mode, but it is stiffer. Comfort mode now feels like sport mode and sport mode feels like track mode (if we had one). Lol

My ride is about to get even less cushy when my new wheels arrive...

Crappy pic right after install. Springs arent settled yet. In person, you can clearly see the attitude adjustment.

Attachments

Last edited:

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the plus side, it looks way better and handles better. I think the slight compromise in comfort is worth it. If I wanted a cushy luxury barge, I wouldnt have bought a sport sedan. I came from a sports car because I wanted a little more functionality of a four door and a rear seat for my Son. Plus, I dont use it as a daily driver. I use it as a sunny day, back twisty road romper with an occasional commute to work on nice days.

If using as a daily driver on crappy streets, I'd recommend not doing this. It's definitely not a kidney buster in comfort mode, but it is stiffer. Comfort mode now feels like sport mode and sport mode feels like track mode (if we had one). Lol

Crappy pic right after install. Springs arent settled yet. In person, you can clearly see the attitude adjustment.
Sounds like a fair assessment. It sure looks great! It's just a bummer if the difference is that negligible between the modes. (you kinda made 2 conflicting statements)

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sounds like a fair assessment. It sure looks great! It's just a bummer if the difference is that negligible between the modes. (you kinda made 2 conflicting statements)
Keep in mind, I've only driven 30 miles since install, so my assessment is half baked. I did switch between sport and comfort several times and took several hard corners during those 30 miles. So, I should have said that my initial assessment is that the difference between modes in the ride department is less obvious than before. Bottom line is that comfort mode isnt as comfortable as before, that is for sure.

I actually thought I had it in sport mode initially.

Again, comfort mode feels like sport mode used to and sport mode feels slightly stiffer but because comfort mode now feels stiffer, the difference isnt as noticeable.

Hopefully that makes more sense. I'll update again when I'm able to put some additional miles on the car.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

The drop looks really good, not too low, but more aggressive than stock. I'm beginning to want to lower mine, but I only want like a 1/2" drop or something small, and maybe just a *tiny* bit stiffer. At the same time, I really enjoy and appreciate the suspension as is right now. I'm sure my thoughts will change when I get back into autocross.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The drop looks really good, not too low, but more aggressive than stock. I'm beginning to want to lower mine, but I only want like a 1/2" drop or something small, and maybe just a *tiny* bit stiffer. At the same time, I really enjoy and appreciate the suspension as is right now. I'm sure my thoughts will change when I get back into autocross.
The ARK springs are a .5 drop I think and less aggressive spring rate than Eibach Pro Kit. The Eibachs are .8 for RWD and 1.2/1.4 for AWD. My car is a RWD.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums