• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Stinger lowering springs installed

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The ARK springs are a .5 drop I think and less aggressive spring rate than Eibach Pro Kit. The Eibachs are .8 for RWD and 1.2/1.4 for AWD. My car is a RWD.

Been thinking about the ARK springs for a little while now. If I had to get a set of springs right now, those are what I'd go for.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Been thinking about the ARK springs for a little while now. If I had to get a set of springs right now, those are what I'd go for.
I just ordered the ark gt-s springs today. They are a 1” drop. The gt-f are suppose to be in the .75” range Not sure when I’ll get them or even have a chance to get them installed. But once I do pics will be posted!!!!!!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice! Looking forward to see what you think.

For me, those GT-F springs look very tempting. I think someone on this board installed them.... Is it you, @CoconutRob ?

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I meant rwd not red lol

Hmansherguez

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the plus side, it looks way better and handles better. I think the slight compromise in comfort is worth it. If I wanted a cushy luxury barge, I wouldnt have bought a sport sedan. I came from a sports car because I wanted a little more functionality of a four door and a rear seat for my Son. Plus, I dont use it as a daily driver. I use it as a sunny day, back twisty road romper with an occasional commute to work on nice days.

If using as a daily driver on crappy streets, I'd recommend not doing this. It's definitely not a kidney buster in comfort mode, but it is stiffer. Comfort mode now feels like sport mode and sport mode feels like track mode (if we had one). Lol

My ride is about to get even less cushy when my new wheels arrive...

Crappy pic right after install. Springs arent settled yet. In person, you can clearly see the attitude adjustment.
Just curious after the springs settled, what was the total drop on your car with the Eibach springs?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So both cars are running the ark gt-s springs. Obviously mine is the g70 and my buddy owns the stinger. And his stinger sits noticeably lower on the same spring

Attachments

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If his springs have been installed longer, they probably settled more. Give it some time. Also, the stinger may weigh a little more.
mine were installed the day before his. i did mine then we took his car to the same guy the following day.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
mine were installed the day before his. i did mine then we took his car to the same guy the following day.
Oh. Hmmm, not sure then except for the slight difference in weight.

I have Eibachs for a Stinger on mine and it lowered the car .8" which is what is advertised for the Stinger.

Are yours and his both the same drive (AWD or RWD)?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums