Stopped by the Genesis Showing at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) Today

four

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Thread starter #1
I was sad the G70 wasn't there, but they had two G90s and two G80s, a sport and a premium. Showing your Genesis keyfob got you into the "owners lounge" in their area -- couches and drinks and phone chargers. Not exactly packed, but a nice touch.

The Genesis display wasn't as full as some of the larger displays, but the cars were always occupied and everyone I saw sit in one was impressed.

Amusingly, Lexus had locked all their vehicles due to vandalism earlier in the day.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Nope, nothing except 2 G90's, 2 G80 3.8/5.0 and G80 Sport. They said it wasn't "officially" introduced in US yet. Whatever. I was disappointed a little.

Last edited:

kf4zra

Registered Member
When I went to the Detroit auto show, they said they didnt know when the G70 was coming out, and said to go sit in the Kia Stinger because it was essentially the same thing.
The stinger looks kinda weird, and felt really cheap and plasticy inside. I hope Genesis will put their classy spin on it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.