Stripped gear in power folding mirror

jscro626

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My passenger side power folding mirror started clicking and now doesn't work at all. Searching I see tons of people fixing the mirror in the older sedan but not the new one. Can anyone point me to the gear I need to purchase for replacement and some relevant instructions?

Toddbonzalez

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It is the same gear used in the older model. Most of the instructions carry over to the 2015+ models. Tearing the mirror down is pretty simple until you go to remove the black plastic trim. That is a bear to remove. I found it was easiest to remove the glass, take out the screws then remove the black trim. Then you can take the mirror housing loose from the portion that attaches to the car. Once that is loose and the screws are loosened, you will need to pull the 2 wires for the mirror motor. This will allow the board to come out with the motor. The whole job is a pain due to the fact that you cannot take the mirror apart completely. You will need some lithium grease and a gear. Everything else is just time and elbow grease. Make sure you have a clear work area. Laying a towel down will help minimize scratches. Go slow and everything should be fine.

This is the gear I used.

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums