• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Subwoofer addition/replacement

AllenTexas

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a 2013 3.8 sedan with a lexicon speaker set. The bass is lacking and seems to be deliberately so... some freqs resonate strong others are weak or gone and at times it seems sub performance is at an equal output above 20 with strong highs... the bluetooth is 20x weaker than the 3.5mm aux feed

Has anybody replaced for a more efficient air 8? Removed 8 to port the trunk and put a sub in the trunk? Put a sub in the trunk/fold down? Or fit a powered thin sub under any seats? Just looking for cheap ways to fill the lacking bass

Thanks in advance

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
Genesis Model Type
The system like anything else sounds best with a real CD - I guess that is changing now with more streaming based systems but not this one.
you can tap into the speaker level inputs for the stock sub and get range down to 20HZ. So a perfect place to add an external amp with the battery right there
I say put a nice JL Audio W3 or W7 sub in a sealed box and feed it with 500 watts - not 500watts from a bs amp of amazon but a real 500 watts (JL Audio, Kicker, Focal)
Tap into the sub speaker then adjust via a remote knob you mount somewhere up front.
The highs in our system stock are really nice and I agree, some nice thump would be awesome

RemyBluePearl

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
I have a 2013 3.8 sedan with a lexicon speaker set. The bass is lacking and seems to be deliberately so... some freqs resonate strong others are weak or gone and at times it seems sub performance is at an equal output above 20 with strong highs... the bluetooth is 20x weaker than the 3.5mm aux feed

Has anybody replaced for a more efficient air 8? Removed 8 to port the trunk and put a sub in the trunk? Put a sub in the trunk/fold down? Or fit a powered thin sub under any seats? Just looking for cheap ways to fill the lacking bass

Thanks in advance
I have the same tech package on my 12’ 3.8. I changed out the stock sub inside the cabin in the rear to a 8” kicker comp sub with a pioneer amp and ran a bass knob that I attached near my right knee to adjust bass levels according to the song. Sounds great since I wanted more bass but didn’t want massive subs bumping away

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums