Subwoofer under front seats?

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On page 36 of the Genesis G70 brochure (PDF warning) it states there are subwoofers installed under the front seats. Has anyone spotted them or felt them? I have my bass cranked up and while I can feel the woofers in the door, I'm not feeling anything coming from under my seat. Do any of you have a similar experience?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On page 36 of the Genesis G70 brochure (PDF warning) it states there are subwoofers installed under the front seats. Has anyone spotted them or felt them? I have my bass cranked up and while I can feel the woofers in the door, I'm not feeling anything coming from under my seat. Do any of you have a similar experience?
Under both front seats. You shouldn't be able to localize good subs. Who know maybe the bottom of the seat is lined with acoustic absorbing material!

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You feel it in the doors because the subwoofers, while under the seats, also use the side rail of the car as a resonance chamber.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can definitely feel it when Im listening to hip hop. Ive got my bass turned up to +3 and audience mode on
If that’s the case I think my subs may not be hooked up. I can’t feel any air moving under the seats at bass +10. The door woofers are deafening though!

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If that’s the case I think my subs may not be hooked up. I can’t feel any air moving under the seats at bass +10. The door woofers are deafening though!
There are only mids and tweeters in the doors, not subs... And you won't feel air because the enclosures are sealed to prevent water intrusion.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was able to confirm that my sub-woofers were not outputting any sound; they are now working. I’m not sure if it was a bug in the audio system, but after I resetting everything to default in the infotainment system I suddenly have sub-woofers. I can’t believe what I was missing!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm...how did you confirm? I honestly do not feel anything from under the seats.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm...how did you confirm? I honestly do not feel anything from under the seats.
To find out they were not working, I used a vibration meter app on my phone, and rested it on the sub-woofer underneath the front driver seat with the engine off and car on ACC. I then played tones over apple car play at 40, 60, and 120 Hz at 20 volume with doors open and then doors closed. If the sub was working properly, I would expect a fairly large magnitude on my seismometer app regardless of the door woofer proximity. Everything with the doors open was flat when the tones were played.

I can tell they're working now because of how it sounds. I can now also feel the speaker responding to thumping bass--no phone sensors needed.

Yaza1988

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The speaker under front seats is not for music sounds, i believe it's related to engine active sound feature, you can disable/enable it from the settings go to Genesis main menu> settings> Vechile> Engine active sound.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure I agree with that Yaza. There is definitely bass coming out of the sub-seat sub-woofers during music playback. I'm sure they're used for the engine active sound as well, but they aren't exclusively for that.

Jlnajarro

I was able to confirm that my sub-woofers were not outputting any sound; they are now working. I’m not sure if it was a bug in the audio system, but after I resetting everything to default in the infotainment system I suddenly have sub-woofers. I can’t believe what I was missing!
How did you "reset everything" ?

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I also just reset my system to factory defaults (Settings -> system settings -> reset to default - or something similar to this). I was also noticing a lack of low end and once they are working you'll definitely realize what you were missing as others have said.

I can feel them with the volume up and something with decent bass, slightly but enough to know its not the door woofers. That and the sound seems "fuller" as opposed to dropping off around 60hz or something (guessing).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.