Suggestions for tire recommondations for my 2018 G80.

johnsdla

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have Genesis 2018 G80 and having serious vibration issues, I have read all the post about this topic so guess its time to replace my tires, Right now I have a set of Michelin's on the car. I bought it from Carvana and know the car came out of Florida, not sure how long it sat there before I bought it.

Not looking for a high-performance tire but a good smooooth tire! :)

MJLx2

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
The OEM tires on my 2019 G80 3.8 AWD are Michelin MXM4’s. Excellent tire. Smooth, quiet and comfortable. Not the cheapest tire, however. Another tire that’s got my interest because of their very good reviews is the Vredestein Hitrac. Supposed to be ultra quiet and smoot. Unfortunately, although they are a highly recognized brand in Europe they don’t have a high market penetration here yet. But they are trying. I’d suggest calling Tire Rack to get their input on your considerations. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Also, Vredestein has a customer service center to call as well. At this point Vredestein doesn’t have a lot of retail dealers so you’ll likely need to get them through Tire Rack if you go that direction. Finally, no matter which tires you get I’d strongly suggest getting them road force balanced AND properly torqued when remounting. Hope this helps. Be well.

johnsdla

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The OEM tires on my 2019 G80 3.8 AWD are Michelin MXM4’s. Excellent tire. Smooth, quiet and comfortable. Not the cheapest tire, however. Another tire that’s got my interest because of their very good reviews is the Vredestein Hitrac. Supposed to be ultra quiet and smoot. Unfortunately, although they are a highly recognized brand in Europe they don’t have a high market penetration here yet. But they are trying. I’d suggest calling Tire Rack to get their input on your considerations. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Also, Vredestein has a customer service center to call as well. At this point Vredestein doesn’t have a lot of retail dealers so you’ll likely need to get them through Tire Rack if you go that direction. Finally, no matter which tires you get I’d strongly suggest getting them road force balanced AND properly torqued when remounting. Hope this helps. Be well.
Great information appreciate you responding i will look i to both tires and balancing

SMD80

KSA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
I use Nexen SU1 on my 19” wheels (OEM), they are pretty awesome at keeping the noise away and they live long per my heavy driving style (I travel a lot) they give me easy 65k (km)

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 on my car (5.0 Ultimate with 19" staggered wheels and CDC suspension). They're smooth, quiet, have excellent wet and dry traction, and have a good tread life. Wet traction especially impresses me; they handle wet roads and standing water better than any other tire I can remember. They're marketed as a high performance tire, but they're very well suited to normal driving. The sidewalls are a little firmer than the touring tires they replaced (ProContact TX), but the ride is still very comfortable even with the 19" wheels. I think they have the right amount of firmness to suit the character and weight of the car: Comfortable for daily driving, but firm enough to be a little sporty when desired.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
I have Genesis 2018 G80 and having serious vibration issues, I have read all the post about this topic so guess its time to replace my tires, Right now I have a set of Michelin's on the car. I bought it from Carvana and know the car came out of Florida, not sure how long it sat there before I bought it.

Not looking for a high-performance tire but a good smooooth tire! :)
Yokohama ADVAN sport A/S+ are quiet smooth riding tires that handles pretty good in all weather conditions. I have a set of ADVAN Sport A/S+ tires on my 2015 5.0 and the tires does ride smooth with minimum road noise.

Tire Rack testing also states that the tire is a smooth riding performance tire.

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
I'd probably go back to the DWS06 for my next set. Much quieter than my A/S 3+. Be careful with the DWS though, prone to blowing sidewalls which is why I went for the Michelins for my current set but I think I'd rather deal with the occasional blown tire than the constant drone.
I can't recall ever having a blown sidewall on my DWS06, even after hitting large/deep potholes at speed (maybe one sidewall bubble that was still driveable, but I may be misremembering). I had several blown sidewalls from hitting relatively small potholes at low speed on the ProContact TX, which is why I replaced them with the DWS06. I don't think you'll need to worry too much about blown sidewalls on the DWS06.

bubbaG80Sport

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I ran 3 sets of the Continental DWS on my 2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 with no issues.

On my current 2018 G80 3.3T Sport I replaced the OEM Continental ProContact TX at 15K miles due to sidewall bubble . Replacement Michelin A/S 3+ were quiet and handled well in wet and dry, but somewhat disappointed in only getting 28K miles out of them .

Currently have ~5K miles on Continental DWS 06's. No issues, even wear, as quiet as any other tire and have more grip in the dry and wet than I have b@lls. Got to test them in ice/snow once this winter and they performed admirably.

Last edited:

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've liked the Yokohama's I've had in the past - they wear well and are quiet and capable. The Continental DWSO6's will be replacing my current Michelins. The MXM4s ride somewhat loud (for less than 30k miles on them) and are designed for performance, so they also contribute to a firmer ride (I prefer to ride on clouds since my style of driving isn't very aggressive.)

OBO

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Currently have ~5K miles on Continental DWS 06's. No issues, even wear, as quiet as any other tire and have more grip in the dry and wet than I have b@lls
You must really love the continental DWS06 tires, didnt know they were that good. Those tires are best for warmer climates and cold ( not under 45 degress) it has never been below 50 degress where Im at. So the DWS06 is great ?

OBO

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The Continental DWSO6's will be replacing my current Michelins
Which Michelins do you have exactly ? A fair amount of people seem to like the DWS06’s, must be really good and also offers that sportier feel if you need it but still gives a comfortable ride.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
I like my AS3 Michelins... havent noticed any "drone" sound as of yet and they're a comfortable riding tire (19s)

bubbaG80Sport

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
You must really love the continental DWS06 tires, didnt know they were that good. Those tires are best for warmer climates and cold ( not under 45 degress) it has never been below 50 degress where Im at. So the DWS06 is great
I am very happy with the Continental DWS06 on my 2018 G80 3.3T HTRAC.

It is not a snow/winter tire. So if you live where the ground is white 5 months out of year get a snow tire.
It is not a racing/track tire.
For everyday and occasional aggressive/sporty driving it is a fine tire.

We only get a few measurable snow falls each year in my neck of the woods. When we got 4 inches of snow last Christmas, driving over hill and dale the tires were more than acceptable. With weight of the G80 + HTRAC/AWD it traverse snow like a tank.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners