sunroof rattle.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
not even at 10K and the pano roof has started to rattle and has gotten worse over the past several days.

it sounds like a plastic rattle. only happens when the roof is fully open, and if I hold the roof with my hand or I move it forward about an inch from full back the rattle stops.

it appears to be that the roof is vibrating or flexing from the airflow over the top.

With all the reports of exploding roofs, Not sure if I want to wait until my 12K service or take it in now..

iqjumpuw

Getting familiar with the group...
Does it happen all the time? You should definitely get it checked out of you are able to duplicate the rattle at the dealership. My rear sunshade on my Lexus started rattling within the first year but every freaking time I took it to the dealership, the sound went away. I was never able to get it fixed and it still rattles to this day...

omegafiler

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I recently had a brand new Sante Fe loaner with pano roof that did the exact same thing. My G80's pano roof creaks with body flex, but at least it doesnt rattle constantly. That will drive you crazy. Take it in early yourself so you can demo for the mechanic. Get a loaner. Hopefully painless process.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
yes it rattles anytime the roof is full open, I believe that the rearward brackets that hold it to the inner frame are bumped up against something that is loose, possibly the plastic bump stop inside the track at the rear, because if I flick it forward even 1/4" it stops.

I do a full open, then double tap the close button, which starts and immediately stops the close motion moving the window forward about 1/4", then it is rattle free.

luckily for me the dealer is walking distance from my job, so I am will swing by tomorrow and ask about it, but I am not inclined to leave the car until my normal 12K service

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.