Supercharger or twin turbo

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Has any one heard any thing about a twin turbo or super charger for the 2012 r spec yet?
Based on the chatter online and on many of the threads here the ECU has not been cracked, not even in Korea. Must be super patient with Hyundai Aftermarket parts due to the small amount of people interested in them.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
You will most likely see a supercharged 4.6 and a turbocharged 3.8 before the 5.0 since both ecu's have been cracked. May be a supercharged 4.6 at the BTR tuning event in Raleigh later this year.

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
We do indeed have something in the works. 84Ford, myself, and a very popular builder out of Canada are working on something very special ;) For the record, I'm just the idiot paying for it and being the test...84Ford and Snoopy are doing all the technical stuff.

Given the space and fabrication necessary, we scrapped the turbo idea. Nowhere near as cost effective...perhaps triple on the low end.

84FordMan

Registered Member
NC

The unit is a 2000cc displacement blower and is extremely efficient. The intercooler is packaged on "top" and is an air-to-water intercooler utilizing four cores. It will have it's own separate cooling system and bumper mounted heat exchanger.

Target is 7 PSI, which should put us, conservatively around 520 HP at the engine.

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
^^^what he said :D

This should prove to be a fun, interesting build. I'm very happy to be a part of it, and learn. There is a ton of knowledge and experience between the two parties involved to ensure this goes smoothly and correctly. I will likely leave all commentary to 84FordMan just to alleviate confusion...but it's an exciting time and I am extremely happy to have at least 'started' getting the ball rolling with DavidErle by sending our ECU's to BTR. The rest was inevitable. :)

DavidHanLee

Registered Member
^^^what he said :D

This should prove to be a fun, interesting build. I'm very happy to be a part of it, and learn. There is a ton of knowledge and experience between the two parties involved to ensure this goes smoothly and correctly. I will likely leave all commentary to 84FordMan just to alleviate confusion...but it's an exciting time and I am extremely happy to have at least 'started' getting the ball rolling with DavidErle by sending our ECU's to BTR. The rest was inevitable. :)
You gents have made the community very happy.:grouphug:

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
I am hoping to have a 3-D printed prototype for fitment only in the next week or so. Single piece delrin for fitment next and final product to follow.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

The unit is a 2000cc displacement blower and is extremely efficient. The intercooler is packaged on "top" and is an air-to-water intercooler utilizing four cores. It will have it's own separate cooling system and bumper mounted heat exchanger.

Target is 7 PSI, which should put us, conservatively around 520 HP at the engine.
That sounds awesome!! I love the (hopefully) conservative (and equally hopefully) realistic numbers. That should make for a very drivable car.

BostonMike

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi Guys, got excited when i read through this thread. Any new information since the last update in May 16?

Will the blower being developed also work on the 3.8?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
Technically, you can turbo/supercharge any vehicle. It just costs money. The market for Hyundai V8s is very small, and smaller yet for expensive modifications such as long-tube headers and superchargers. If you proceed expect to become more involved than simply writing a check. You need to be knowledgeable enough to direct your installer, and monitor progress.
Specifically I would research Squires Turbo in Salt Lake City, UT. The founder, Rick Squires hatched the original concept of "remote turbos"; and then he sold the company. The buyer ran the company into the ground destroying good will, etc. Squires bought the assets out of bankruptcy and is doing business once again. Squires might be a good fit for your Hyundai.
Whatever, do not expect anyone to produce a turn-key kit.
Have fun.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.