Supply and Demand

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
After speaking with two GMs in the Chicago area, the demand for cars are still off the charts even with huge market adjustments. Repoman will be busy next year!

Trith72

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It took me a month to find the exact trim in the G80 i was looking for. I scoured every dealership for 200 miles twice a day before the holy grail showed up at a Genesis dealership in South West Louisiana on Monday and i bought it that afternoon. They drove it up to me the next morning.

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It took me a month to find the exact trim in the G80 i was looking for. I scoured every dealership for 200 miles twice a day before the holy grail showed up at a Genesis dealership in South West Louisiana on Monday and i bought it that afternoon. They drove it up to me the next morning.
Above sticker?

Trith72

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Above sticker?
No, dead on. First time I’ve ever paid sticker for a vehicle in my life and I would gladly do it again given the quality of the vehicle I got.

Dkim81

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
I got 2021 g80 and gv80 at same time. Paying exact MSRP.. no upcharging. $500 discount from msrp on one of them. Haha
reason, KIA telluride asking $19000 above sticker..$ 59000 for KIA didnt make sense to me.. crazy.

Dkim81

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Really!? $19K?
Yes.. palisade 9000 to 12000 above sticker..
Some kia telluride with no option was $9000 upcharge (35000 +9000). i went so many different dealership same gimmick.. but funny thing is that, they all said negotiable. Haha.
Took a picture of gv80 and sent to all of them said dont call me no more.
So...... I didnt mean to buy GV80 =( after my g80... but i like it so far. Haha.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Barry45RPM

Registered Member
Ft. Lauderdale, FL area.
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just wait... Afghanistan is 400 miles from China. We left all of our most sophisticated Planes, Choppers, Drones, Night Vision Goggles, computers, cash etc. at Bagram Air Base. The Chinese will reverse engineer all of that stuff and knock it off at a fraction of what it cost us, Then they will invade Taiwan unopposed by anyone at all. Then there will be NO Chips and back we go to the 1960's. You know who to thank.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just heard on the news that Hurricane Ida flooded over 200,000 cars, both used and new ones on dealer lots.
Don't expect demand to soften soon, especially in the southeast. I'd also be cautious buying a used car.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yep, I remember the "great" deals on barely used cars right after Katrina...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners