• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Surprising dad with a genesis

illy80

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey guys. Just wanted to share this with all of you other genesis enthusiasts. My dad has been talking about the genesis for the past few years. He has been driving a 91 lexus 400 for the past 10 years that he loves, but it finally broke down and the cost to fix was just too much to justify because of its old age and other issues that would probably start coming up. He has been commuting with my sisters hand me down mazda 3 09 that has been salvaged from a major accident for the past month.

My pops was raised in korea right after the korean war, and he has always been the one to take care of his family, even coming from nothing. He is an absolute workhorse and doesn't know when to say no when there is an opportunity to work or help someone in need. He never asks for anything in return, even though he has never had much himself.

Anyways, long story short, I decided hunt a decent used genesis down and found a 2015 in pristine condition about and hour and a half away after going through and checking out in person a list of about 10 long. So, i did the deed and I finally got to surprise him on christmas.

I just wanted to share the love and hope that everyone remembers to cherish and love those that love you unconditionally in your lives before life passes anyone by.

Hope someone enjoys this even a fraction of how much i enjoyed giving it to him.

Hope this isn't seen as spam in any way. I just want to spread some extra love with you this holiday season. Happy holidays all and wish you all an amazing 2020.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What a nice, generous gesture. I'm sure your Dad loved it and was very grateful. It must have been an emotional moment for all.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Very cool. We are all car enthusiasts here and seeing a gift such as a Genesis to a family member who seemed a little speechless, priceless. Hope your dad enjoys the new to him Genesis.

illy80

Genesis Model Type
What a nice, generous gesture. I'm sure your Dad loved it and was very grateful. It must have been an emotional moment for all.
I was holding back some tears from all the onions in the neighborhood the whole time. It was one that I wont ever forget.

illy80

Genesis Model Type
He looks thoroughly surprised. Nice one!
Thanks man! I've never seen him so speechless before and his brain was not computing. It's all in Korean, but I had to tell him a few times it was his car.

illy80

Genesis Model Type
Very cool. We are all car enthusiasts here and seeing a gift such as a Genesis to a family member who seemed a little speechless, priceless. Hope your dad enjoys the new to him Genesis.
He literally went outside every 10 minutes to look at it. I have video of him just standing outside at midnight and I had to tell him to come back inside. And he woke up at 7am to go outside and have a thorough check in the daylight, every nook and cranny. :ROFLMAO:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
He obviously loves the car but inside he's even more delighted, proud and happy that he raised a human who would do such a wonderful thing. Good on ya man. You are a very good person.

illy80

Genesis Model Type
He obviously loves the car but inside he's even more delighted, proud and happy that he raised a human who would do such a wonderful thing. Good on ya man. You are a very good person.
Thank you for the kind words. Cheers. :cheers:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

illy80

Genesis Model Type
The speech was Korean but the language of the gift and love is universal. He did a good job raising his children.
He definitely did. Couldn't have asked for better parents in life.

illy80

Genesis Model Type
CONGRATS!!! What a great loving gesture...hope the car serves the family well for years to come :thumbsup:
Thank you brother. Hope my father and the genesis stay happy and healthy for a long long time to come as well. Cheers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums