Suspension Tuning for 2015 Equus

Thread starter #1

GPLjr

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Does the Air Suspension Ride Height lower in "Sport" mode, if so does anyone know the how much the difference is? Also it is my understanding the ride height automatically lowers at highway speed. Does anyone know what this speed is and how much the suspension lowers? Is there a difference in the amount of lowering in Normal VS. Sport Mode at speed?

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
From what the service manual, if SPORT mode is activated:

"-Deceleration from release of accelerator pedal will result in less rapid fall in RPM (revolutions per minute) than in the NORMAL mode.
- Up-shifting is

As for the lowered ride height, if the vehicle speed exceeds 160kph with NORMAL level, it will be alternated into LOW level after 10sec for the safety and better fuel consumption. Drop below 80kph and it'll raise back up into NORMAL level.

Hope that helps!

Thread starter #4

GPLjr

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Here is my ride fresh off the alignment rack 20180815_184703.jpg 20180815_184822.jpg 20180815_184726.jpg

Thread starter #5

GPLjr

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Stage one minor height adjustments to come. Need to take it up about .75" in the rear and 1" in the front

Rey

Registered Member
Salem, OR
My '14 has two height modes: normal and "high". If you have it in "high", it will automatically return to normal at about 45+mph. "Normal" is the default mode. To return to high from an auto change to normal, you must do this manually.
I installed the lowering kit and now the new "normal" is much lower and the new "High' is where normal used to be. The new low is a bit firmer. Care corners flatter and handles better. Better airflow as lowered resulting in better highway gas mileage.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.