• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tarnished looking bronze colored window trim 2018 black Genesis Sport 3.3

ROG217

Hasn't posted much yet...
A proud new owner of my third Genesis(12,15,18), all with the Ultimate Package. My black 2018 Genesis Sport 3.3 T has a bronze/copper colored trim around the side windows. The trim seems to be quite porous & shows water marks and/or any kind of sealer/protectant I've tried to protect it with will dry to dark spots. This doesn't happen with the normal shiney chrome plastic trim, like on my door handles. Other Sport owners have said the same thing. What's the solution?

GenesisFX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I second that...my G80 Sport goes to dealer on 10/1 for trim warranty replacement...and Turbo oil pipe recall.

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I second that...my G80 Sport goes to dealer on 10/1 for trim warranty replacement...and Turbo oil pipe recall.
I suggest verifying with your dealer beforehand if they can do the Turbo oil pipe recall (3.3TT engine only). Based on my research and contacting my local dealer they don't have the repair procedure yet.

Let us know if your dealer is/was able to do this recall repair work please.

GenesisFX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Dealer was not able to repair recall yet, however they did fix my front driver seat movement with plastic washers and replaced all my exterior copper trim! There is a TSB regarding driver seat movement/creaking shifts slightly.

Ginlady

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Dealer was not able to repair recall yet, however they did fix my front driver seat movement with plastic washers and replaced all my exterior copper trim! There is a TSB regarding driver seat movement/creaking shifts slightly.
I am having the same problem with my Black G80. Is there a recall on this? Mine had been fixed three times.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

GenesisFX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I am having the same problem with my Black G80. Is there a recall on this? Mine had been fixed three times.
"No recall only a TSB on the front seat. In regard to the trim, it is widely known at dealer this exists,
finish quality issue. They will replace if you complain nicely, yet assertively...They never offer if you don't ask. Mention all the web complaints, just G00GLE search!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums