• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TCU update

Mx55

Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, just got my Sport back from my 12k km service and they performed a TCU (transmission control unit) update, line mentioned a recall of sorts. They brought me the car after the service dept closed, and I didn't have a chance to drive it since - anyone heard of an update? Hopefully it brings faster paddle shifts!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys, just got my Sport back from my 12k km service and they performed a TCU (transmission control unit) update, line mentioned a recall of sorts. They brought me the car after the service dept closed, and I didn't have a chance to drive it since - anyone heard of an update? Hopefully it brings faster paddle shifts!

Hmmm... I haven't heard of anything regarding transmission software changes. I'll see if I can find any info on it. In the meantime, let us know if you find any differences!

Mx55

Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
80C022 is the number on the service sheet.

Friday

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I also had the 1st service not long ago. The update is for the coasting feature in ECO mode. I turned my coasting feature off so haven't tried it again to check what has changed. I imagine that they programmed the logic better to better maximize fuel efficiency in that mode.