Technical questions and answers and discoveries

GenesisJohn

Registered Member
Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV60
I thought I saw a prompt at some point to hold for three seconds or double-tap to skip the tutorial. Or maybe I saved my preferred layout at some point.
Anyway, I got the tutorial in my early days with the car, but no longer do.
THIS!

GenesisJohn

Registered Member
Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV60
Perhaps your magnetic personality is throwing the sensors off? :) Either that or a sensor might be malfunctioning or improperly located - if it regularly activates when you are standing somewhere other than behind the car. While the operation on mine isn't ideal, it is predictable and works as described in the manual. I just stand still, behind the car, close to the trunk. So close that I lean back as it opens so as not to get hit.

Does anyone have an example of trunk activation that works well? I find the Genesis stand-behind method too slow when I actually want the trunk to open, yet I've had it open once or twice when I was getting something from behind the car while in the garage. My prior two vehicles had the kick-to-open feature, which may have been a slight bit better - as it would get activated accidently if someone walked behind the car when getting in or out, but at least it opened quickly when 'kicked.'
Mine works if I walk up to it - gives me a beep, then when I stand there is does the whole sequence of beeps and lights and opens. This is when I have the fob in my pocket.

fredf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
I turned my automatic opening off. Every time I walked by the back of my car in the garage with the key in my pocket it would open whether I wanted it to or not. It became came very annoying.
Now I just have to touch the switch when I want it to open but at least it’s under my control

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I turned my automatic opening off. Every time I walked by the back of my car in the garage with the key in my pocket it would open whether I wanted it to or not. It became came very annoying.
Now I just have to touch the switch when I want it to open but at least it’s under my control
Is it necessary to keep your car locked in your garage?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MovingOn

Registered Member
Yeah, I wish you were able to set a “Home” location of sorts so it wouldn’t message you constantly, or at least be able to acknowledge & cancel the alert.
My "Home" wishlist includes not beeping that your too close to stuff when exiting the garage. Not realistic, I know.

GenesisJohn

Registered Member
Ohio
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV60
I would be satisfied if I didn't get a front proximity alert when I was in reverse.
That's interesting. I see it as warning me I might hit something with my front while backing up so it helps alert me to ALL dangers - sides too.

Rocco

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV60
I can see how the front corner warnings can be useful. Maybe it just doesn't have the sensor resolution to know the situation, but when I'm parked with the nose flat to a wall, and in reverse, all the beeping coming from the wall that I can't possibly hit makes it more likely that I won't notice a warning that I'm close to something elsewhere that I actually could hit.

Looney100

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Year
The GV60 is the first vehicle that I’m aware of with an AC auto-dry feature. Is this something common among Genesis models or EVs?
I understand the purpose, but wonder why this is the first time I’ve seen it. Is it just that it would drain too much of the 12V battery to be used in an ICE vehicle?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That's interesting. I see it as warning me I might hit something with my front while backing up so it helps alert me to ALL dangers - sides too.
Yes. Backing up you can cut the wheel and hit something with the front corners. Same with leaving the garage.

joegr

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
The GV60 is the first vehicle that I’m aware of with an AC auto-dry feature. Is this something common among Genesis models or EVs?
I understand the purpose, but wonder why this is the first time I’ve seen it. Is it just that it would drain too much of the 12V battery to be used in an ICE vehicle?
This is where the AC blower continues to run for a little while after the car is shutdown, in order to dry out the evaporator? Yes, ICE cars have had this feature before. Specifically, I think that Cadillac and Volvo have or had this feature on some models. A timer running the blower for ten minutes or less after shutdown will not run the battery down.