Technical support from Genesis (or rather absence of it)

bobreber

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Anybody have experience, how to approach Genesis company to solve difficult technical problem(s)? This problem (multimedia unit) require discussion with audio system engineer or somebody with similar knowledge about it. Concierge people don't understand the problem, but refusing to escalate the request.

Is there any other way to bypass those agents, who simply pick up the phone calls and trying solve the problem with they limited technical scope of knowledge?

Shouldn't company, who is selling to customers $80,000 worth of car (G90 5.0 Ultimate) provide better costumer service?

Any idea? Thank you

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Is there a good reason why you haven’t detailed your specific multimedia problem to this exalted group?

bobreber

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Is there a good reason why you haven’t detailed your specific multimedia problem to this exalted group?
Oh I did - and I get no answer. ( Genesis G90 forum) Of course, I may get help here, but I SHOULD get help from Genesis.

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Oh I did - and I get no answer. ( Genesis G90 forum) Of course, I may get help here, but I SHOULD get help from Genesis.
I see that you joined only yesterday.

bobreber

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I see that you joined only yesterday.
Yes I did. However, I’m Genesis owner for past 4 years and now for other 3 days with 2021 model.
My grievance is not about THIS forum, but about Genesis at all. I had several bad experiences with my previous car and as I can see, things did not improve when I have problem with the new car.

PMCErnie

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Yes I did. However, I’m Genesis owner for past 4 years and now for other 3 days with 2021 model.
My grievance is not about THIS forum, but about Genesis at all. I had several bad experiences with my previous car and as I can see, things did not improve when I have problem with the new car.
Suggest you give members here some time before you complain that nobody is answering your questions. After all, you just arrived here LESS THAN two days ago.

Last edited:

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know you will have the same problem with about any auto manufacturer on audio questions. They just will not respond. For one thing days when those people have time to talk to the public are gone. Company specs out sound requirements and some outsource company, like Bose or similar bids it and provides. Genesis/Ford or whoever guy just wrote requirements. He was never hired to discuss sound with lay people. Your just barking up a tree you should have climbed before purchase.

bobreber

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I know you will have the same problem with about any auto manufacturer on audio questions. They just will not respond. For one thing days when those people have time to talk to the public are gone. Company specs out sound requirements and some outsource company, like Bose or similar bids it and provides. Genesis/Ford or whoever guy just wrote requirements. He was never hired to discuss sound with lay people. Your just barking up a tree you should have climbed before purchase.
Well, first I'm buying car for driving pleasure. (Getting ALL technical detail BEFORE purchase is impossible, as is impossible to get it AFTER purchase). Listening good quality of music is part of the pleasure.
Secondly, if I buying luxury car (as I was told by Genesis) and also flag ship car of the company, I would expect to get the best. That is including corresponding service and customer care.

Genesis spent lot of money on advertising this car INCLUDING the sound system.
"Genesis embodies a smarter more progressive approach to luxury with innovation and styling seamlessly integrated into your life. The winner of the 2014 Technical Grammy Awards is also the sound system of choice in the 2017 Genesis."

So WHAT happen in 2021 model? I just find out, that my 2021 model (sound system speaking) is INFERIOR to 2018 model? Isn't this FALSE advertisement? Which tree I should climbed before purchase? Where I should get the info, if the advertisement is wrong and any details are NONEXISTEND?

It is great, that I find out, that my car have 17 speakers, 12 amplified channels and 900 wats of power. "Lexicon’s passion for audio is on the same level as your passion for driving. Distinguish yourself with 17 high-performance speakers and 900 watts of power delivering 3-dimensional dynamic audio. Feel like you are in the audience at a concert or hear isolated audio elements like you are right on stage. With Lexicon, you hear the results of decades’ worth of technological experience, research and artistic passion."

Really great! The only problem is, WHAT music source and corresponding selection I'll be able to play on this PREMIUM sound system? FLAC lossless format coming into my mind and it is supported. Unfortunately, one album will take 1.33 GB of space. After one week of inquiring, I get some kind of week answer, that recommended size of external HD is 32GB. REALLY? In year of 2021? I have bigger music library than some 20 albums!

Maybe I'm wrong in my technical analysis. Perhaps I can discuss it with expert, because my 2018 G90 DID play the same external HD for 3 years and new 2021 won't (completely).

Shouldn't Genesis provide me with technical consult?

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
wtf

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Well, first I'm buying car for driving pleasure. (Getting ALL technical detail BEFORE purchase is impossible, as is impossible to get it AFTER purchase). Listening good quality of music is part of the pleasure.
Secondly, if I buying luxury car (as I was told by Genesis) and also flag ship car of the company, I would expect to get the best. That is including corresponding service and customer care.

Genesis spent lot of money on advertising this car INCLUDING the sound system.
"Genesis embodies a smarter more progressive approach to luxury with innovation and styling seamlessly integrated into your life. The winner of the 2014 Technical Grammy Awards is also the sound system of choice in the 2017 Genesis."

So WHAT happen in 2021 model? I just find out, that my 2021 model (sound system speaking) is INFERIOR to 2018 model? Isn't this FALSE advertisement? Which tree I should climbed before purchase? Where I should get the info, if the advertisement is wrong and any details are NONEXISTEND?

It is great, that I find out, that my car have 17 speakers, 12 amplified channels and 900 wats of power. "Lexicon’s passion for audio is on the same level as your passion for driving. Distinguish yourself with 17 high-performance speakers and 900 watts of power delivering 3-dimensional dynamic audio. Feel like you are in the audience at a concert or hear isolated audio elements like you are right on stage. With Lexicon, you hear the results of decades’ worth of technological experience, research and artistic passion."

Really great! The only problem is, WHAT music source and corresponding selection I'll be able to play on this PREMIUM sound system? FLAC lossless format coming into my mind and it is supported. Unfortunately, one album will take 1.33 GB of space. After one week of inquiring, I get some kind of week answer, that recommended size of external HD is 32GB. REALLY? In year of 2021? I have bigger music library than some 20 albums!

Maybe I'm wrong in my technical analysis. Perhaps I can discuss it with expert, because my 2018 G90 DID play the same external HD for 3 years and new 2021 won't (completely).

Lexicon makes the audio system in the G90, so you would do best to call the Lexicon customer service for the system technical specs.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Perhaps that is a minimum size? You would think the information would be available somewhere but the typical customer service rep on the phone probably has no idea what a FLAC file is and rarely gets asked. I know there are at least a handful of people here that are audiophiles and are more interested in the details than the rest of us.

Perhaps Lexicon has the information and people better trained and knowledgeable to discuss it with you.

As for the 2021 not being as good as the 2018 you give no details. Are you talking capability or actual sound? Much of "better" is subjective and sort of like discussing the best flavor of ice cream. If you want to claim false advertising you have to give some facts.

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
I actually agree with EdP on this one, my wtf was in response to, essentially, a sort of crazed rant that seemed way out proportion for what the issue seemed to be, namely, you can't get tech specs on file support, supported compression algorithms, and - I am guessing here because you provided no evidence or substance to back up the claims or whatever the hell it is you were talking about - historical specifications to current specs, for the Lexicon system including RMS wattage, distortion, speaker specs, crossover frequencies, etc.

First of all, the guy who said talk to Lexicon is right. Perhaps if you write them a nice email they will provide you with something. Second, it's rare to find that information. Automakers rarely provide details on audio systems because components and specs can change during a production run - prices on parts change, sometimes parts have issues and are replaced with a different part for a run, production engineers are constantly changing the line processes to be more efficient, or in response to some to some need, so sometimes parts change to accommodate these other changes.

Case in point, the Kia stinger had a variety of different audio system configurations for the GTs, with three different subwoofer and speaker combinations over the course of the first 2 years. Why? Nobody knows, and additionally, AFAIK, no one could ever obtain any detailed specs from either Kia or Lexicon. Man, sometimes the systems can do things that the OEMs aren't even aware of, because they are not made by the OEM. So good luck, I guess. wtf.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums