Tesla CyberTruck

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Everyone.

I had to share this abomination with you all.....

download.jpeg
Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Rear-3-4-in-Motion.jpg

....is it a brick...or a triangle? Or both?

Also, I got a good laugh at their demonstration of the 'Armor Glass', take a look...

I can't stop laughing. This is solid gold. 😂

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
You know, I used to be neutral about Tesla in general. Certain things I wanted to appreciate and/or like about their automotive products.....but...this...

...let's be honest here, this is absolute shit. He may as well have taken the dirtiest shit brick, walked out on stage and said "look what I made!" And the Tesla diehards would still be so pumped!

"Oh snap did you see Elon's new shit?"

"Yeah man, I smelt it! It's hot'"

"Dude I'm gonna pre-order that so hard!"

Etc.

Please, someone make a parody of this. I want to laugh more.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. Looks like a prototype of a prototype. Can't resist saying that my son works as a designer at Rivian. That should be a pretty cool truck IMHO.
Can he hook us all up with Circle-A pricing on it? Asking for a friend :laughing:

The thing looks hideous, but I will give it to him that an integrated roll down cover and ramps are a nice touch for those who'd use em. Haven't been truck shopping in a long time, so forgive me if those are now normal features.

My biggest gripe is the price! Personally, I see trucks as workhorse vehicles. I just want a long bed, enough engine/suspension to haul a pallet of bricks, and price cheap enough that I'm comfortable beating the shit out of it. If I want an iPad and all my friends, I'll buy something else.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
Pinewood derby car in real life haha

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Can he hook us all up with Circle-A pricing on it? Asking for a friend :laughing:

The thing looks hideous, but I will give it to him that an integrated roll down cover and ramps are a nice touch for those who'd use em. Haven't been truck shopping in a long time, so forgive me if those are now normal features.

My biggest gripe is the price! Personally, I see trucks as workhorse vehicles. I just want a long bed, enough engine/suspension to haul a pallet of bricks, and price cheap enough that I'm comfortable beating the shit out of it. If I want an iPad and all my friends, I'll buy something else.
Haha. I'm not sure if we, as his parents, can even get any better pricing on a Rivian.
On a related topic, I never even heard of "Circle A pricing" until I joined this forum. Had to Google it. Is this term/deal common for those involved in the auto industry? Or is it applied only to leases? (I guess I need to Google it done more.) Wondering why this is a new term for me.

Julius88

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Not sure why all the hate. I do think Musk is kind of a weird guy, but then again, anyone who can achieve that level of success is probably not going to be 'normal'. But as far as Tesla goes, I love how they're shaking up the auto industry, and from my standpoint, the more competition in the market the better. I came fairly close to pulling the trigger on a Tesla Model 3 Performance - seriously the performance on that car kicks butt and puts 99% of gas cars to shame (including the G70 as much as I hate to say it). The instant torque is absolutely insane. But at the end of the day, the build quality issues, Tesla service issues, insurance questions, etc. made me decide that the time isn't quite right. Although I'm pretty sure that sometime within the next 10 years, I will be driving an EV. Maybe even a Tesla assuming that they can learn how to build a good car (not just a good motor/battery).

Totally agree though, that truck is just bizarre. Looks like it came out of a cheap Mad Max knock-off movie...

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis G80 Sport
I like Tesla's but as stated with the quality, service, insurance, and host of other issues I won't ever own one.

I am looking at an electric or hybrid option for my next commuter vehicle. I want a 2022 Corvette Convertible as my last sports car.. likely be putting up the hot rod to auction to get it, but won't drive it daily.

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Not sure why all the hate. I do think Musk is kind of a weird guy, but then again, anyone who can achieve that level of success is probably not going to be 'normal'. But as far as Tesla goes, I love how they're shaking up the auto industry, and from my standpoint, the more competition in the market the better. I came fairly close to pulling the trigger on a Tesla Model 3 Performance - seriously the performance on that car kicks butt and puts 99% of gas cars to shame (including the G70 as much as I hate to say it). The instant torque is absolutely insane. But at the end of the day, the build quality issues, Tesla service issues, insurance questions, etc. made me decide that the time isn't quite right. Although I'm pretty sure that sometime within the next 10 years, I will be driving an EV. Maybe even a Tesla assuming that they can learn how to build a good car (not just a good motor/battery).

Totally agree though, that truck is just bizarre. Looks like it came out of a cheap Mad Max knock-off movie...
agree its fast feels like a roller coaster but its electric no fun in that , gas engines is like a work of art.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums