The Beef's G70

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well folks…got my G70 !!!! Not in my hands yet…but it’s been located and I will probably close out the deal within a couple of weeks. All that is left is getting the car from the port to the dealer lot. I have my Window Sticker and VIN already.

3.3T Sport AWD in Siberian Ice with Gray stitching. My choice from the beginning.

Since both the Richmond, VA dealers have no clue what they are doing (no Franchise Licenses yet)…I had to buy elsewhere. I ended up dealing with Genesis of Alexandria. But…there is more to it. So…thought I’d share my story.

As most of you know…prior to the car landing on lots…I was calling everyone. LOL. They all know my name. From upper management to the South/East sales manager. What can I say…I’m a PITA…but it always pays off.

I was having issues finding my spec car. I knew it existed…but it was not looking good. So I made a call to Walter Dawson (SE Sales Man). He told me that several dealers put calls into him asking for the same spec. Well guess what…that was my dumb ass calling all the dealers as they were getting cars !!! Now that Walter knew all these requests were for me…he decided to help me out. See…it paid off to make myself known.

The problem is…all the dealers (east coast) from Virginia and south deal with the port in Georgia. AWD cars are not that popular in the south…so my spec car was not at the port. However…Walter found 5 of my spec cars at the northern port in Philly. This port feeds States north of VA.

So the plan now was to get that car to me. The closest dealer to me that has already sold G70’s (thus acquiring points/credits for new allocations) was Alexandria. Safford in Springfield, VA was about 15 miles closer…but they just got a few G70’s and haven’t sold any…so no upcoming allocations.

So…Walter pulled some strings…to get the car from the Philly port to Alexandria. Mind you…Alexandria does pull cars from there but mainly for AWD Hyundai’s, etc. So it’s not like they have never done it.

During all of this…I also worked closely with the dealer owner…Kevin. Super nice guy. Both he and Walter went out of their way to get this car to me. Very grateful. Honest…not because I am getting the car from there…Kevin is one of the kindest, customer oriented people I have ever met. That is saying a lot. He would call, text and email me with daily updates. And this is the owner !!!

I ended up leasing the car…10k miles for 36 months. The MF/RV that I got for Nov were slightly worse than Oct…but there is a new $2,500 cash back. Details below. I got the $1k Conquest Offer since I had an Audi…and lastly Kevin was kind enough to knock off another grand for me. I want a bit more off…but these guys did a lot to get my car. Now…the paperwork is not done…so I will ask one last time before all is signed.

Lastly…they are bringing the car to me. Close to 80 miles away. I was trying to split the cost of them flat bedding the car to me. But they offered to bring it to me at no cost…so I can experience the entire Genesis Process (going over the car, etc). I think they were also eager to get the car to me…as they wanted the first car in the Richmond, VA market to be from them :) Good advertising for folks to go north until the local dealers get their crap together.

I plan on offloading my Audi at a very good price locally…using Vroom.com. I already did the process with them….but that was 2 weeks ago…and the offer is good for 10 days. So…once I know when the car is at the dealership…I will do it again. If they screw me 2nd time around…I already know that Alexandria will give me what Vroom offered the first time. That’s a relief. If that happens…then I will drive up there…and drive the G70 back. Rather not though…95 traffic between Richmond and DC is a nightmare.

So almost there.

Happy camper here folks !!!! Let me know if you have any questions…regarding the dealer…or if you want me to check anything on the car itself (once I have it obviously).

Info…
Total MSRP is $52,725.00

MSRP $51,500.00
Destination $995.00
Accessories
· Cargo Tray $115.00
· First Aid Kit $ 45.00
· Rear Bumper Appliqué $ 70.00

Minus $1k Conquest…minus $1k off MSRP…minus $2,500 Lease Cash Back

So Cap Cost is $48,225. That is 9% off of total MSRP. Honestly…how can one complain. Hot new car…I’ll be the only one around driving it (I think) for now.

November Lease Numbers...
10k miles
36 months: 0.00065 MF (1.560%) and 53% residual
$2,500 cash back + $1,000 Conquest Offer

So at the end…I am putting down Taxes, all Fees and 1st payment…which is about $3,500 or so.
My monthly payment will be $610/month

Cheers...B
:cheers:

Last edited:

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats, glad you found the exact spec you wanted on an agreeable price. Hopefully I'll be joining the list of US owners in December, maybe we should start a new US owners/picture thread once more owners pop up.

g_584453

Congratulations...it must be wonderful to be that close. I too an waiting, 2.0 MT for me. The G70 has not hit the ground in Florida yet. I have reached out to Brunswick, GA but still trying to hold out for Florida.

OMFSCardsFan

Good work! That's the exact car that I've been interested in. I'm in the south, too, so I hate hearing that there aren't many AWDs getting allocated down here...

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good work! That's the exact car that I've been interested in. I'm in the south, too, so I hate hearing that there aren't many AWDs getting allocated down here...
If you can do Casablanca White or the Silver...I know where they are. If only SI...keep monitoring dealers north of VA.

Lemme know. Both are 3.3T Sport AWD with gray stitching.

And both will go below MSRP. Probably a grand. Fight for more.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

OMFSCardsFan

I already have a white XC90 and a white Sienna -- I was hoping for something a little different. The SI seems to look a lot different in the Genesis advertising photos than it looks in any dealer photo. It may not be different enough in person. I think my main problem has become a dealership one. I'm 200+ miles away from my state dealer, and there's no assurance that the closest dealer in Texas will actually get the ability to sell them. Leaves me grinding my teeth...

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is wonderful. Thrilled for you. It may inspire me to move outside my area and start looking.
Truly, congratulations. You worked hard. Look forward to reading your posts about how much you enjoy the car!!

tallen91

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Beefer, as a long time lurker and someone who's also interested in an AWD (either a Havana Red Dynamic or a Siberian Ice Sport), do you have any advice for getting another one allocated down here? You mentioned Safford not having sold any. I test drove a Design there about two weeks ago. Perhaps if Genesis allocated cars appropriately, they might sell more of them. From the following this forum, I noticed that someone else went up to NJ and drove one back. I made an offer for a Dynamic in Freehold NJ for ~$1500 MSRP, but was countered with full MSRP. I based my offer on the Dynamic sold in GA (and not having the conquest/loyalty discount available for to me). I figure they would counter offer somewhere around $1000 under MSRP, but they came back with full MSRP. Do you think it's worth calling Walter Dawson?

Congratuations, by the way!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Beefer, as a long time lurker and someone who's also interested in an AWD (either a Havana Red Dynamic or a Siberian Ice Sport), do you have any advice for getting another one allocated down here? You mentioned Safford not having sold any. I test drove a Design there about two weeks ago. Perhaps if Genesis allocated cars appropriately, they might sell more of them. From the following this forum, I noticed that someone else went up to NJ and drove one back. I made an offer for a Dynamic in Freehold NJ for ~$1500 MSRP, but was countered with full MSRP. I based my offer on the Dynamic sold in GA (and not having the conquest/loyalty discount available for to me). I figure they would counter offer somewhere around $1000 under MSRP, but they came back with full MSRP. Do you think it's worth calling Walter Dawson?

Congratuations, by the way!
I cannot give Walter’s number out...sorry. He contacted me after I made phone calls to upper executives.

You picking on the stitching color on the Sport?

I would monitor the dealers north of VA.

There are quite a few red Dynamics in AWD.

tallen91

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I cannot give Walter’s number out...sorry. He contacted me after I made phone calls to upper executives.

You picking on the stitching color on the Sport?

I would monitor the dealers north of VA.

There are quite a few red Dynamics in AWD.
I found the number for headquarters. Do you think it would do any good to call your salesperson Kevin?

Red stitching for the Dynamic and gray stitching for the Siberian Ice.

I did notice that there were quite a few up North, but as I mentioned the first dealer I called was set on MSRP.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I found the number for headquarters. Do you think it would do any good to call your salesperson Kevin?

Red stitching for the Dynamic and gray stitching for the Siberian Ice.

I did notice that there were quite a few up North, but as I mentioned the first dealer I called was set on MSRP.
Kevin is the owner of Alexandria.

If a dealer won’t go below MSRP...talk with the GM. Otherwise...move on to the next dealer.

Would you do the Sport AWD in White or Silver? Both have gray stitching.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.