• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

The G70 is an amazing car. The added safety features make me feel safe and confident in vehicle i purchased.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Steers into the other lane? Not sure if I like that aspect of the collision avoidance. That can cause more problems than just rear ending someone

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Steers into the other lane? Not sure if I like that aspect of the collision avoidance. That can cause more problems than just rear ending someone
I never heard of that before. Not sure it happened that way from what I've seen. He may have steered and did not realize what he did.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I never heard of that before. Not sure it happened that way from what I've seen. He may have steered and did not realize what he did.
Correct, he likely applied steering at the last second. The car won't take evasive steering action. In fact, if there's any driver input at all (steering, throttle, or braking are applied by the driver), the FCA system aborts the braking sequence.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Correct, he likely applied steering at the last second. The car won't take evasive steering action. In fact, if there's any driver input at all (steering, throttle, or braking are applied by the driver), the FCA system aborts the braking sequence.
Not so simple. If the driver depress the brake but the car "estimates" that the braking power applied by the driver is not enough it will apply more braking power. If the driver moves the steering wheel or depress the gas pedal sharply it will deactivate the FCA.

This is from the Owners Manual

Brake operation
• In an urgent situation, the braking system enters into the ready status for prompt reaction against the driver’s depressing the brake pedal.
• The FCA provides additional braking power for optimum braking performance, when the driver depresses the brake pedal.
• The braking control is automatically deactivated, when the driver sharply depresses the accelerator pedal, or when the driver abruptly operates the steering wheel.
• The FCA braking control is automatically canceled, when risk factors disappear.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If you've not seen it yet, this shows how it works. Empty car convoy.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums