xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

ghicks99

Been here awhile...
Nice. I hope to add more soon as well but i'll be outta town for a few weeks. I need some PSHHHHH!!!! in my life. Btw i'll prob be doing accuair vu4 and e-level/i-level. I think I'm going to mount my tank on the underside of the trunk lid.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Awesome. I need to see the fitment on the wheels as well!
Pretty aggressive for our platform. I know that at +21 on 10.5, I poke pretty good. I need to go a bit lower which will camber it in a bit, but +8 is going to require a good bit of adjustment. I'm guessing you are not planning to tuck (not my style, but some people like it)?

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
It's funny how much more solidly built this car is than my 06 GS was. While there are a few issues with any car, the Lexus was a rattle trap. There are the console issues with the Genesis of course, but the cabin is essentially sealed from the engine bay as well as trunk, with only one grommeted pass through that I have seen (outside of the ski pass). It was a PITA trying to tune my sub because of this, as well as the surprising amount of factory padding/deadening material in the trunk, but it's a great problem to have.

Great job on the wiring to this point - what I am saying is I really understand what you are going through to accomplish all this, and it's quite impressive. Wish I had the patience.

vipdoutaz

Hasn't posted much yet...
az
well guys i have been talking to xiaphin about his airsetup because im in the midst of building my setup and installing as well so per me and his conversation he thought it would be good to put my pics in the thread as well as of right now im building the floor and the mount system for the air setup so i will have more pictures done this weekend after im further along

Last edited:

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

vipdoutaz

az
Looking good so far vipdoutaz, I like how you incorporated the wings into the base. I'm guessing the JP inside it stands for Junction Produce? Still wish I had easy access to a plasma or waterjet like I used to, sure does make life easier when doing your own custom designs. Do you know how many miles Tony had on his bag setup before he sold them to you?

See that you went with an air lift tank and incorporated the ecu/manifold and compressor mounts into your base plate. I thought about this but went the easy route with the eXo mounts. Are you going to run compressor isolators?

Looks like you also chose 3/4" MDF for the base. Making the trunk floor ended up being more involved than I originally thought with the way I went about making it. How are you going to lay it out?

(1) he said he had about 10 k on them which isnt bad because i had some struts on my mazda 3 and put about a 100 k with no issues and the jpt stands for "just plain trick" its a buddies shop and due to him letting me use his shop and stuff for my car i figured that was a nice gesture )

(2) i do believe the tank is from airlift and i did incorporate all the stuff to the mount so i can through it in all together in one shot , and yea ill be doing something with the compressors so they dont vibrate as much im thinking about keeping there rubber feet and lining the bottom of the mount with dynamat to soak up the sound and vibration i will as well put rubber washers underneath the mount so it sits a little off of the wood floor)

(3)i did choose to use the 3/4 mdf for the base one because its cheap and two i use this alot in stereo builds so im use to using that as my material , and the trunk was pretty easy to me because i seem to have went a different route i used the trunk carpet / liner for my outline and cut that out with a jigsaw then went back and sanded all rough edges and cleaned it up went to test fit and there was no way it was going to work in one piece so i ended up cutting it in three piece one complete piece along the rear and two seperates from the middle to the the inside wells of the trunk and its worked really well

vipdoutaz

az
well guys i have some updates i have actually bagged the car and are up and running still need to put height sensors and finish the trunk completly but here is a couple new pics

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type