The official Illinois thread

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
For comparison I'd really love to experience the ride in someones else's Genny - particular of those satisfied with their ride quality and/or a V-8. This could maybe help me determine what the heck is going on with my car. Anyone near Downers Grove who might be willing to give me a quick ride around?
Sure, but not until Saturday or Sunday, your choice. Either morning would be best. Actually, maybe we could "swap" cars for this experiment.

genesis@genesisworld.com

Registered Member
Tyler, Texas
Well crud! I'm in Schaumburg Thurs/ Fri and flying out Saturday @ 3:20 (IF the snow allows). I was reading your conversation and thinking- HEY... I could drive the 20 miles and meet you guys, but.... Then I re-read and... SUNDAY.

I'm staying on Golf Road near I90. Oh well, woulda been nice.

doug725

Been here awhile...
I'm sorry we'll miss you - would have been good to meet other owners. I drive up to Schaumburg once a week or more on 355. Unfortunatley, the ride is so bad in the Genny on 355 it almost makes me naseous and I've come to dread it!

itsme4g63

Hasn't posted much yet...
chicago here, north side, but do make cruises out to northwest and south suburbs at times. Do not own a genesis coupe though, yet. Actually having a hard time deciding cause my current car would whoop the coupes arse performance wise but I want one so bad anyways. been banging on about it for 2 years already and sat at one at the auto show last week finally and...... yeah...

BacktoHyundaibychoice

Registered Member
Suburban Chicago
chicago here, north side, but do make cruises out to northwest and south suburbs at times. Do not own a genesis coupe though, yet. Actually having a hard time deciding cause my current car would whoop the coupes arse performance wise but I want one so bad anyways. been banging on about it for 2 years already and sat at one at the auto show last week finally and...... yeah...
LOL! As a sedan driver... But if I were younger I'd be right there with you.

wheines

Getting familiar with the group...
Good to hear from you. I thought this thread was dead.
Well it's been six months since Genny came home and she still
makes me feel good when I take her for a drive.

Thanks, Hyundai

RonP

Getting familiar with the group...
Milwaukee
Speaking of winter - what's your experience been in the snow and ice around here? I test drive the other day on unplowed roads and thought it did OK even with stock tires.
I live in Milwaukee, driven conservativley, I had trouble with the stock tires in 1/2" of wet snow, using the shitronic also, I had to put it in 3rd. to go up a modest incline on my driveway. I broke down and put a pair of Bridgstone Bliz. on the rear, and what a difference! It is like driving front wheel drive. For me it's peace of mind.

Phi Psi Chicago

I live in the northern suburbs and wondering if there are any other fellow Gen owners up this way? Would love to bounce some questions i have off of you and maybe meet up...
looking to get some touch up paint...anyone have positive experiences with the touch up pen? Also time for my first oil change and i'm at 4300 miles...should i hold out for a few thousand more?
New Genesis 3.8 Owner as of Oct.1

Carl

I believe the first oil change is due at 7,500 miles. Well at least for the 4.6 that is, not exactly sure about the 3.8 but it is probably the same.

Haven't had to touch anything up yet so can't reply on the pen for the Genny. I had a Sonata previously and the pen worked pretty good for those touch ups.

I ordered a set of 17's with Michelin X-ice X1-2's from the tire rack. The difference between the Dunlops and with these on the car is night and day in the snow! The car takes of with minimal slippage, turns fantatastic and stops much much faster. I higly recommend snow tires for the Genny if you can spare the change.

Hope this helps.

Carl

srobak

Supporting Member
Chicagoland
Revived with

:)

New member from NW burbs... soon to be far west burbs. Not a Genny owner yet (2011 Azera LTD) - but it is at the top of my short list for Feb-Apr 16 timeframe. Spending some time here on this forum to see if I need to be convinced otherwise - or confirmed. :)

Are there ever any meets or somesuch in Chicagoland? I'd love to spend more time talking to actual owners & around the car without a sales droid breathing down my neck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.