The Straight Pipes: 2018 Genesis G90 Review - Not Quite an S Class

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

Pretty much agree w/ all their criticisms, esp. Jacob's about the squeaky paddle shifters (shouldn't be an issue once the aluminum paddle shifters from the G70 make their way up to the G90); and ha, one could say that Yuri is a Genesis-apologist.

In terms of design, don't think the G90 looks much like the S Class (a bit generic - yes); w/ regard to the taillights, while there is a vague resemblance to the S Class, they look more like the ones on the Kia Opirus.

Also have to keep in mind that the EQ900 is offered in more luxurious trims in SK and for something that is more on par w/ the S Class for interior appointment, need something like the EQ900L Noble Klasse.

Riley2323

Been here awhile...
Connecticut
Toothpick with waterproof grease or silicon lube on the 2 paddles pivot points completely eliminates the noise.

Shouldn’t have to do it, and aluminum or cast iron is the way to go; but really who are we kidding, if there was tracking on the use of the slap shifters it would be right up there with AM radio and the amount of times people put gloves in the glove box.

omegafiler

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Jakub and Yuri are great. Love their detailed and well thought out reviews. Not to mention top quality videography and editing.
Heck, I'll watch them even if the cars suck. Surprised they don't have more views.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I dunno I found Jakub a little annoying, though not as annoying as DeMuro.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.