Thinking of installing rear seat entertainmet systems

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
These cars have active headrests so you don’t want to cut into the headrests or replace them with aftermarket style

You are going to want to install a piggy back system that attaches to the head rest bars or the seat itself. Something similar to these:

Rosen AV7700 Headrest Piggyback System (Black)
The Rosen AV system is what I have in my 2015 Genesis 5.0. Looks OEM.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That looks awesome!
Thank you. You can also swap out the " control box" under the seat with the Rosen headrest units to add HDMI inputs that allows you to use a Amazon Fire-stick or other USB type of media system if you do not want to use DVDs. My system uses the older non-HDMI box with RCA inputs, but it is a simple plug and play box swap if I decide to upgrade later without needing to upgrade the monitors..

I upgraded my Escalade DVD unit with an HDMI unit and it can use a Firestick with a mobile hotspot, so I will upgrade my Genesis with HDMI one day since streaming gives more options on a long trip.

Firestick used in my older Escalade.

Last edited:

Manong

Registered Member
NYC
Yap, It's no longer available but at least I have the idea now and look for similar item as this one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.