• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

This or that? Struts or BC Coils..

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Soo I have lowered my 13' 3.8 on storm springs for about a year and they're great! Problem is my shocks and struts are original parts and they're now poo at 90.5k miles. I've been looking at replacing with OEM R Spec suspension since it's a little more aggressive all In all 6 to 700 range.

Orrr should I just be patient and get BCs at a decent price? Any input is appreciated. And btw Where I live the roads for the most part aren't complete dog shit as far as california roads can be lol

rstlne

Hasn't posted much yet...
CA
Genesis Model Type
Before I pulled the trigger, I was debating the issue you currently have for quite a while as I knew the stock shocks/struts on my 2010 were beyond due for replacement. I wound up getting the BC Coilovers and glad I made the decision. For a fraction more you get the height and damper adjustment which was a no brainer for me.

I bought my coilovers from a reputable BC authorized retailer on eBay, based on eBay ratings and a little research. I waited for an eBay coupon code to pop up and then bought them at a slight discount thanks to eBay. This year eBay has been lacking in promos compared to last year. With that said, even at regular price, I would have bought them eventually. eBay just made it a lot easier to pull the trigger on buying them. Looking at my eBay order history, looks like I bought them March of this year, seems longer. Rides and handles a bajillion times better.

MG8

Stock for the best ride, but Imo coilovers might be abit to stiff for everyday for some. Bags to me if your going vip/show then yes on bags. With that said for best performance and for people that have a rspec and want to utilize the 430hp and not waste it , coilovers are best way to go to get maximum performance out of your Genesis . I've got my bc coilovers professionally tuned for road course and autocross and it turned my luxury sedan to a true sports saloon something I can play with on weekends at the track or stretch its legs and carv up a mountains pass confidently. While still being able to load the kids up on the weekdays for school.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
Stock for the best ride, but Imo coilovers might be abit to stiff for everyday for some. Bags to me if your going vip/show then yes on bags. With that said for best performance and for people that have a rspec and want to utilize the 430hp and not waste it , coilovers are best way to go to get maximum performance out of your Genesis . I've got my bc coilovers professionally tuned for road course and autocross and it turned my luxury sedan to a true sports saloon something I can play with on weekends at the track or stretch its legs and carv up a mountains pass confidently. While still being able to load the kids up on the weekdays for school.
I may just have to go with coils then since I drive a 3.8 I love the mountain passes especially now so since i already have rigid collars and just installed full ultra racing stability bar kit and holy shit if I was like an inch lower.... i remember i tried to snag your old r spec shock n struts but they were donezo haha

MG8

I may just have to go with coils then since I drive a 3.8 I love the mountain passes especially now so since i already have rigid collars and just installed full ultra racing stability bar kit and holy shit if I was like an inch lower.... i remember i tried to snag your old r spec shock n struts but they were donezo haha
how you like the ridge collars ? notice difference?

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
how you like the ridge collars ? notice difference?
I did the rigid collars about 2 years ago. Noticed the difference instantly. I drive spiritedly a decent amount(I'm always aware of suroundings and safe above all) the second i pulled out of my friends driveway where we put them on i felt the change in rigidness. It lessens any sort of "flex" feeling you get from the chassis whenever going over weird angle driveways or dips in the road. Going over things like train tracks or speed bumps i feel like myself/car are jostled around much less. best way i can describe it is that my body only has to compensate for the actual initial bump. Whereas before the collars you'd get the "aftershock" bouncy/jostled feeling.

Hands down best bang for buck mod for this car ive done and ive done a lot to my car lol I installed myself reletively easy using tire ramps and a jack. If you got to their website which is based in canada i think i got them for like 77USD shipped but that was before i realized that the forums actually sells them in the shop. wouldve bought from them since i know it goes towards supporting these forums.

MG8

I did the rigid collars about 2 years ago. Noticed the difference instantly. I drive spiritedly a decent amount(I'm always aware of suroundings and safe above all) the second i pulled out of my friends driveway where we put them on i felt the change in rigidness. It lessens any sort of "flex" feeling you get from the chassis whenever going over weird angle driveways or dips in the road. Going over things like train tracks or speed bumps i feel like myself/car are jostled around much less. best way i can describe it is that my body only has to compensate for the actual initial bump. Whereas before the collars you'd get the "aftershock" bouncy/jostled feeling.

Hands down best bang for buck mod for this car ive done and ive done a lot to my car lol I installed myself reletively easy using tire ramps and a jack. If you got to their website which is based in canada i think i got them for like 77USD shipped but that was before i realized that the forums actually sells them in the shop. wouldve bought from them since i know it goes towards supporting these forums.
i have to get on these and i also found a whiteline suspension sway bar end link kit to complete my suspension setup.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
i have to get on these and i also found a whiteline suspension sway bar end link kit to complete my suspension setup.
You definitely do! What all have you done to your suspenion?

MG8

You definitely do! What all have you done to your suspenion?
just bc coilovers and Rspec sways of course. since you like spirited driving BC will transform your Genesis into a more athletic vehicle you will feel more confident on high speeds and the back road curves. i think you will enjoy them.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
just bc coilovers and Rspec sways of course. since you like spirited driving BC will transform your Genesis into a more athletic vehicle you will feel more confident on high speeds and the back road curves. i think you will enjoy them.
With the way my suspension is set up I already feel like I hug the road the ultra racing bar kit is absolutely amazing at reducing g force. Can only imagine being lower and having non almost blown out suspension.

I'm actually looking into the DS series coils since they're available for the 3.8s it uses digressive valve tuning so you get the comfort of the BR but more Corning support for my spirited runs or if I ever decide to track it

MG8

With the way my suspension is set up I already feel like I hug the road the ultra racing bar kit is absolutely amazing at reducing g force. Can only imagine being lower and having non almost blown out suspension.

I'm actually looking into the DS series coils since they're available for the 3.8s it uses digressive valve tuning so you get the comfort of the BR but more Corning support for my spirited runs or if I ever decide to track it
yeah thats what i was telling another member , that the arks are all looks and specially when you have a 5.0 life of your shocks are numbered. for us Rspec owners there is only BC that makes coilovers specifically v8

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
yeah thats what i was telling another member , that the arks are all looks and specially when you have a 5.0 life of your shocks are numbered. for us Rspec owners there is only BC that makes coilovers specifically v8
Yeah it's the BC coilover BR type for you guys

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums