Those "MPG blooper" refund debit cards

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I got my Hyundai/Kia MPG blooper refund card in the mail on Friday. They sent me about $80 for the nearly 9,000 miles on my odometer, thus far. It's great to get some extra money in your pocket, especially at this time of year.

Warning; be careful with your refund card! The mailing envelope contains a cover letter, as well as a questions and answers pamphlet. The cover letter tells you to retain your debit card for future loading. However, the accompanying pamphlet tells you to toss the card in the trash when it's depleted. The communication also fails to mention exactly how the card will be re-loaded going forward.

Hyundai's phone rep indicated that Hyundai is aware of their mixed messages and is working on a clarification. Thanks for sending us these cards, Hyundai, but you folks really have to get your act together. First the embarrassment of the MPG scandal and now the confusion regarding the "reparations."

Last edited:

bmbutler

Been here awhile...
They will reload the card based on calculations each time you make a claim based on the number of miles you have driven. Keep the card.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
They will reload the card based on calculations each time you make a claim based on the number of miles you have driven. Keep the card.

The point is that their communication accompanying the card was a mess. Let's see their next effort.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got my confirmation email today:

Thank you for submitting your claim for the Hyundai MPG Reimbursement Program. You should be receiving your Hyundai MPG MasterCard® Reward Card in the mail within the next 7 to 10 days. This is your initial reimbursement. Remember you can file claims for future miles driven for as long as you own your Hyundai vehicle.

Your Hyundai MPG MasterCard® Rewards Card may be redeemed anywhere MasterCard is accepted, at over 32 million locations worldwide. Additional details and activation instructions will accompany your card.
I just assumed it would be refilled after we make a claim (and we can make claims any time we want to for as long as we own the car).

I'm just happy they didn't go with Discover.

Southern Boy

Registered Member

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
got my letter today. does anyone know the amount you will get based upon certain milage?

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Hyundai actually got my MPG money right back. My 80 bucks went toward wing wheel caps at the parts shop of a local dealer.The parts manager put them on for me. West Broad Street Hyundai is smart enough to stock the various wing items. My regular dealer is not.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
i have about 7700 miles on mine and it says i get $106 card after i go to dealer and confirm milage.

You AZ folks must pay a lot more for gas than we do in VA. My refund was $80 for 9,000ish miles.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hyundai actually got my MPG money right back. My 80 bucks went toward wing wheel caps at the parts shop of a local dealer.The parts manager put them on for me. West Broad Street Hyundai is smart enough to stock the various wing items. My regular dealer is not.
I believe that the wing items must be imported from Korea (probably via existing company such as listed on eBay, etc) instead of normal parts distribution from HMA.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
I believe that the wing items must be imported from Korea (probably via existing company such as listed on eBay, etc) instead of normal parts distribution from HMA.

I believe it makes a great deal of sense for dealers to stock and sell these items, just as the dealer I mentioned does.

12Genny

Registered Member
Got my notification yesterday, I bet there are tons of folks that don't even know about it. The website stated that they would notify those affected by mail, I have yet to receive anything from them. My co worker has sonata hybrid, and still has not gotten a notification, she's gonna wait until she gets more miles.

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
estimated $295.44. woooo hoooo

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
High roller!

jalanjalan

Registered Member
Just received a "reward card" from hyundai. no particular reason. Just a thanks for buying our brand thing. $50. very cool

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
I have been unable to use my card. Everytime it comes back as declined an yes I registered the card.

Waki

Registered Member
20,000 km, ( 12,000 + miles. ) got my prepaid card rebate, $87 . Used it then threw it away. :D

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
20,000 km, ( 12,000 + miles. ) got my prepaid card rebate, $87 . Used it then threw it away. :D

I believe the instructions, ultimately, were to keep it so they could load it again.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners