Tiger Woods crashed in a GV80

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A medical emergency to me is anything that causes someone to lose consciousness, have a seizure, or have a heart attack or stoke. This could be caused by many things. Which might be why he was found unconscious after the crash. Must likely he was unconscious before the crash occurred which is what caused the crash. What caused his unconsciousness we might never know. I just feel that if he were texting or not paying attention he would have taken some evasive action when he hit the first median and at that point would have jerked the steering back towards the lane he came out of and applied the brakes. Just my two cents.
Agreed, except if he really was going fast (like 90mph), you would travel quite a long distance after hitting the first median before you could react, especially if your reaction times were slowed due to meds.
In one second at that speed you would travel 132', which is likely to be farther than the width of a median and another lane. Also, I can imagine that the shock, to you and the vehicle, of hitting a curb at that speed could be such that your foot isn't anywhere near the pedals.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ Considering the extent of damage his right foot/ankle underwent compared to his left, likely still had his foot on the gas.

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
^ Considering the extent of damage his right foot/ankle underwent compared to his left, likely still had his foot on the gas.

So far information is that he was going 84 mph and accelerating at the time of striking the median. So foot still on the gas.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ Yes, the type of injuries his right foot/ankle experienced is in line with when the foot is on one of the pedals; and since there was no indication of braking before hitting the median (or after), along with rate of speed, can pretty much surmise that his right foot was on the gas.

fpmacko

Registered Member
Annapolis, MD
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Report just posted online...

So the bonehead maxed out at 87 downhill in a 40 and was doing 75 at the start of the crash. I'm not gonna loan him my car anytime soon.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

So the bonehead maxed out at 87 downhill in a 40 and was doing 75 at the start of the crash. I'm not gonna loan him my car anytime soon.
I think there may be a little more to the story. Most of us would also get a ticket for driving 45 over.

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Actually they say he was doing 75 when he hit the tree which caused him to go airborne in a pirouette landing on his side at the end of the crash. He was doing 87 and accelerating at 99% when he hit the first median curb and sign.

Tiger Woods Was Driving About 85 M.P.H. in a 45 M.P.H. Zone When He Crashed

fpmacko

Registered Member
Annapolis, MD
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I think there may be a little more to the story. Most of us would also get a ticket for driving 45 over.
I don't think that data obtained from an EDR is admissible (yet). That would explain the lack of a ticket. If he had been clocked at that speed they probably would have cited him.

2021GCSGV80

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Not without witnesses or injury to others or property damage. He only hurt himself and destroyed the loaner. Which didn’t hurt Genesis in any way. They lost a mid level car and gained worldwide recognition as a safe vehicle. Now had he hurt someone else or ran into a house it would be different. Even if he’d taken out a fence or telephone pole he would have been charged with property damage.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Will they loan him another car next year?
Well it hasn't hurt them this year (quite the opposite, in fact), but there's no guarantee that if he repeats this stunt the outcome wouldn't be quite a bit different.

sjohnston

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
He deserves a Mulligan. It could be really funny. Can you imagine the Genesis rep shakily handing him the keys? Priceless

JMB

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
We now officially know that we are safe in our GV80's --- Tiger was flying!!!

For your reading pleasure..The 22 page accident report is posted on TMZ..perhaps Consumer Reports will add a few more points to the 63 point rating they just awarded to the GV80.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums