• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Tilt Down Mirrors...quirky...

rwlewis

Been here awhile...
We have a 2011 3.8 Premium w/Premium Nav...

I know I had seen the tilt down mirror function that lower the mirrors when the car is in reverse listed as a feature, and I swore that I had even seen it work, but I had begun to doubt the feature existed, because it was not definitely not working in since we first took delivery of the car in February....

Yesterday,I had adjusted the driver's mirror a bit and stored the new position in the seat memory and ,lo and behold, after that the mirror tilted down in reverse???

My Wife called me this morning and was excited to discover that the mirror tilt function was working...I explained to her what I had done and with a bit more investigating she figured out that this feature ONLY works if the mirror adjustment selector switch on the door (for selecting which mirror is adjusted) is in the LEFT or RIGHT position. The feature is disabled when the switch is in the center position...normally you would want to return it to the center to prevent accidental adjustment, but I had inadvertently left it in the LEFT position and by chance "enabled" the tilt feature....

I would be interested to know if this is unique to my car or if it is true on others as well......

Richard

Seattle Genesis

Registered Member
You may wanna read the owners manual...;)

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
When the switch is in the left position only the passenger’s side mirror tilts down, when it's in the right position both mirrors tilt down. When it's straight up they're stationary.
I happen to like reading manuals.:cool:

rwlewis

Been here awhile...
When the switch is in the left position only the passenger’s side mirror tilts down, when it's in the right position both mirrors tilt down. When it's straight up they're stationary.

Thanks folks...

I am an avid manual reader, but happened miss this one in the manual...:eek:

tjc78

Been here awhile...
I'm probably in the minority, but I am so happy this feature can be turned off. I like my mirrors to stay put.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This was how my previous Mercedes worked as well. Nothing out of the ordinary.

DJaxx

Getting familiar with the group...
Ontario
You need to keep the mirror setting switch in the "neutral" position if you do not want the mirrors to angle downward when reversing.

If you want the mirrors to angle downward you will need to place the mirror setting switch in either the right or left position.

Some like this functionality others do not, but it is a controllable feature vs. a default so you can select accordingly, ;)

Last edited:

DJaxx

Getting familiar with the group...
Ontario
You may wanna read the owners manual...;)

Not to disparage anyone, but I do not comprehend the purpose of these responses. Forums are a place to share and exchange information, and it is conceivable the OP read the OM but overlooked the mirror functionality. In any case the OP took the time to visit the forum (which is a positive as we grow our community) to ask a question in hopes of gaining resolution.

In virtually the same time it takes to "inform" the OP they should read the manual, an answer could have been provided in a sentence or two. :confused:

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Gurkha

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Quebec
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Not to disparage anyone, but I do not comprehend the purpose of these responses. Forums are a place to share and exchange information, and it is conceivable the OP read the OM but overlooked the mirror functionality. In any case the OP took the time to visit the forum (which is a positive as we grow our community) to ask a question in hopes of gaining resolution.

+1, but I suppose some cannot resist the urge :)

rwlewis

Been here awhile...
I read the smiley's....I knew that most responses were meant with some wit...and some truth....

I deserve it anyway...I'll be the first to tell someone to RTFM one day, so I have to be able give and get...:p

Richard

waveman

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
I was a bit skeptical at first, but now I like this feature. I find that it helps me get between the lines when backing into parking spots at work. The left/right/center UI is a bit odd, but doing it that way was probably cheaper than adding a dedicated switch or entry in the DIS.

Campo57

Registered Member
Columbus, GA
Actually, it's the other way around, to the right only the passenger mirror tilts, to the left, both.

ikeym

Been here awhile...
brooklyn
I like it and it was a nice touch to the car ! Also it was told to me by the dealer when they went over the way the car works !!!
which I must say was great !!! they went over every thing with great detail !!! and set up my phone ... MY DEALER SPENT ALMOST 2 HOURS GOING OVER MY CAR WITH ME ...

balazsbb

Hasn't posted much yet...
Los Angeles
Actually, it's the other way around, to the right only the passenger mirror tilts, to the left, both.

Oddly enough for mine no matter in left or right position BOTH mirrors move down. Either I missed something or it's broken lol.

Gurkha

Been here awhile...
Montreal, Quebec
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
It is the same for the 3.8 with premium package.......fully functional in either the left or right position.

I can say that for a 2009 3.8 premium it functions differently depending on mirror switch position as Campo57 explained.

vega

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
does anyone know if there is an adjustment for how much the mirrors tilt?