• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Tilt ,Telescopic ,Wheel

MHT

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I lost range of motions to my tilt wheel a month after purchase. I see where most of you that had the tsb performed had a limit switch replaced. According to my service order to make the repair the motor to column tilt was reinstalled.
If you are still having problems after the limit switch install you may want to inquire about the motor to column tilt reinstall.

vega

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I lost range of motions to my tilt wheel a month after purchase. I see where most of you that had the tsb performed had a limit switch replaced. According to my service order to make the repair the motor to column tilt was reinstalled.
If you are still having problems after the limit switch install you may want to inquire about the motor to column tilt reinstall.

I have been waiting more than a month for the limit switch. This must be a huge problem, as the ESC unit was received in less than 3 days.

MHT

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I called my dealer and inquired about the TSB requiring the limit switch replacement, they had the limit switches in stock. The repair to my car was done by reinstalling the tilt column motor. My paper work does not referenece a TSB being performed nor does it list any limit switch replacement. They did say the repair was intense.

They also performed Recall TB4 which involved the install of spacers, 1
part number 00305-11296 propeller shaft B.

MrB0462

Registered Member
I was at my dealer today and they had the replacement switch in stock BUT...... there was no spot to install it as my car did not have a separate switch. It is integrated into the steering column and the whole steering column needs to be replaced, not just the motor.

Late 2010s will require the replacement of the steering column not a switch replacement. The dealer can contact Tech Service support for full details. Column ordered today new appointment 2 weeks from today.

MHT

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was at my dealer today and they had the replacement switch in stock BUT...... there was no spot to install it as my car did not have a separate switch. It is integrated into the steering column and the whole steering column needs to be replaced, not just the motor.

Late 2010s will require the replacement of the steering column not a switch replacement. The dealer can contact Tech Service support for full details. Column ordered today new appointment 2 weeks from today.

The service department repaired mine by reinstalling the tilt column motor.

MHT

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'll see what they do in 2 weeks

TSB
Group-Electrical
Number-10-BE-002-1 (updated)
Date-April 2010
Model 2009/2010 Genesis
Production Range-April 25,2008 - March 12, 2010
Tilt Limit Switch, Telescopic Limit Switch and Tilt motor are located on
the steering column. They are not intergraded into the steering column as shown in diagram of repair.

My car was built Feb. 18 ,2010. Was your car built after March 12,2010 if so that would explain a possible intergration of the limit switch into the steering column. Just curious..........

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MrB0462

Registered Member
TSB
Group-Electrical
Number-10-BE-002-1 (updated)
Date-April 2010
Model 2009/2010 Genesis
Production Range-April 25,2008 - March 12, 2010
Tilt Limit Switch, Telescopic Limit Switch and Tilt motor are located on
the steering column. They are not intergraded into the steering column as shown in diagram of repair.

My car was built Feb. 18 ,2010. Was your car built after March 12,2010 if so that would explain a possible intergration of the limit switch into the steering column. Just curious..........

No February 1, 2010

MHT

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
No February 1, 2010

Ok I see what happened. Thank you and good luck with the repair.
I am pleased with the repair and the great service I got and I hope the
same for you.

kayroe

Getting familiar with the group...
The build date of my 2010 4.6 was Nov 2009, but when the techs tried to replace the tilt limit switches they couldn't because of the integration of parts. The whole column has to be replaced. I'm waiting on the column to come in at any time now.